Introduction

Tommy was in timeout. He'd tried to kill Techno again, but was only rewarded with his own death. Techno claimed that it was 'self defense' so he got off the hook. Tommy did not, however.

Tommy stared at himself in the mirror as he sat bored in the center of he and Wilbur's room.

He could play with Will's guitar, but he'd probably get in more trouble.

Tommy's 6 year old mind thought hard of ways to entertain himself. He looked around the room desperately. He saw the pillows on the bunk bed behind him and knew what he was going to do.

He took all the pillows and blankets he could find and placed them all on the floor. He climbed up the top bunk and looked down at his landing pad. He was sure this was going to be the coolest thing ever.

He put one foot over the safety railing and prepared to take off.

He took a breath.

Just before he was about to jump off, he felt a sharp pain in his back. He let out a small yelp, having not noticed himself falling over the edge of the bed. He felt the pain in his back increase more as he started rushing to the ground. He's screaming as loud as possible. He lands safely in the pillows, having only lost 2 hearts. He rolls around in the pillows, screaming and crying, it feels like something is stabbing his back uncontrollably.

His father, Phil, barges into the room.

"Tommy? What the-" Phil sees Tommy on the ground and instantly knows what's happening. Wilbur and Techno are standing behind him, very confused. Phil tells them to stay where they are as he goes to Tommy's side. He grabs Tommy's shoulders and tells him to take deep breathes and stay calm.

Tommy's vision is going in and out. His energy is draining and he feels his eyes droop. Soon enough, he's barely moving and is passed out.

Tommy opens his eyes to see that he is lying on the bottom bunk bed. He's on his stomach and his back is very soar. He wrenched his neck so he could barely see his back.

Feathers? He thought. He saw the feathers move a bit and jumped a little.

"Dadza?" He croaked. He heard footsteps come to the door. Phil came in instantly and crouched by Tommy so that they were at eye level.

"How's your back?" He asks quietly.

"It still hurts. Why does it hurt?"

Phil smiles a bit. "Tommy...you've grown wings."