7 - Reunion

"Okay," Techno gave Tommy a plate of steak with some carrots on the side and they sat at a small table that was really only made for one, but they made do. "First of all, what'd you do to my basement?"

"Oh, well, you see--" Tommy finished the bite he was chewing on, probably the best meal he'd had in a while. "I made myself a guest room."

"Why?" Technoblade shook his head in disappointment. "Why would you do that?"

"Well, where else are you visitors supposed to sta--?"

"I don't have any visitors! I'm pretty sure that was the point of me moving into the middle of a snow biome where no one could ever find me!"

"Well that didn't work out very well for you, now did it?"

Techno stayed silent for a few minutes. "When was the last time you saw Phil?"

The question surprised Tommy, he had never really thought about it. It took him a second to remember the last time he had seen him and Techno's father. Once he could remember, the day came back into Tommy's memories immediately.

"It was...the day you and Will blew up L'Manburg. The day that..." Tommy cringed. He didn't want to remember.

"The day that Phil killed Wilbur?" He said it so nonchalantly it made Tommy almost cringe again.

"Yeah..." Tommy looked down at his plate, recounting each slide of Will's death in his mind.

He thought about how he, Tubbo and Wilbur had started L'Manburg, how they had fought against Dream for their independence. Jschlatt. Pogtopia. Will's mental transition from depression to insanity. Tommy remembered Will's crazy eyes as they sat in Pogtopia, alone. Tommy was hardly able to fight the urge to also go insane. Tommy was fighting at the time, but he could imagine what had happened in the button room. How Phil had stepped in to try to stop Wilbur from blowing up the nation he had built, but had been stolen from him. Phil's words had done no good, and L'Manburg had imploded. After seeing the destruction of his former country, Will begged Phil to kill him, Tommy remembered seeing Will pass Phil his sword. Tommy could not watch the horrendous event, so he had turned his head before hearing one single cry from his older brother before there was silence.

Until Techno came in and blew up everything else there was to blow up.

"Why do you ask?" Tommy took his last bite of steak and started on his carrots.

"I saw him, they'd put him under house arrest, that's how they found the location of my home."

"Who's 'they'?"

Technoblade looked at him as if it were obvious. "L'Manburg."

Oh, Tommy thought. Then the reason that L'Manburg had started coming after Techno was apparent.

"They're trying to execute you, aren't they? For betraying us, that's what they came here for. They wanted to prove that you can in fact die and to drop your self confidence levels." Tommy thought about it harder. "When you were gone...Carl was gone too...they must've used him as leverage against you, right?"

Techno was silent. He finished his food and set his plate aside. "I will neither confirm or deny anything you've suggested, but I will say that you are not as dumb as you look."

Tommy finished the last of his carrots. "The fuck is that supposed to mea--"

Suddenly, the door burst open and Tommy thought that mobs had broken in. He pulled out the sword he'd stolen and pointed it towards the door. He lowered it once he realized who had just barged in.

None other than Philza Minecraft.