Chapter Two: Inspiration

In my head, at that moment, I went "Whoa, she's really, really, REALLY pretty." but then I thought that almost everyone liked her, and I can tell you, I wasn't wrong at all. I don't even know her name, but at that time, I suddenly felt like I wanted to get closer, I don't want this day to end without me even knowing who she is, what her name is, NOT TO STALK HER YOU CREEPS! Anyways, I even wished that the day would never end. Starting from that moment on, the thought of her, never left my mind. From the line for the entrance to a museum, to the death cell of the Philippine National Hero, Jose Rizal, to the National Museum, National Art Museum, the execution site of Jose Rizal, until we arrived at school, heck, even until this very moment I'm making this book, I never stopped thinking about her. I'll give her the name Saya in this book. Going back to the story:

        Me, being the wuss I am, I had never had the guts to talk to Saya, never had the guts to talk to any girl really, but after a couple of long minutes (a really common phrase I like to use, I have no clue why), I saw my friends in the lower year levels (specifically Grade 8) named Je and An, who were talking to Saya like they had been friends with her for the past few years or so. I then started to wonder and investigate, and by investigate I mean switching my group of friends for the field trip from Grade 9 friends to Grade 8 friends. I started my “investigation” at the National Art Museum, the third out of the five stops for the whole trip. While the tour guide was explaining in front of us art such as the Spoliarium, I managed to get from the all the way back with the Grade 9, through the crowd, finally reaching Je and An (basically, the whole Grade 8 class’ group). After the talk, came the picture-taking, it was my chance to start investigating, talking first with Je, the person close to An, then with An the person who was close to Saya, messing around with photos (photo bombing), I had then successfully switched my group of friends for the field trip, because… that works.

            Since I was with their group for the field trip, I got closer and closer to them like it was just a day at school. I then started asking Je first about An and Saya, since they were so close to the point where An was able to borrow Saya’s glasses for the majority of the time during the field trip, I wore them too, not knowing it was hers, gave it back like nothing happened. After speaking with Je, I spoke with An about their friendship with Saya. As a conclusion from what I got from Je and An, I found out she was kind, smart, pretty, and the “official” photographer for the field trip, although somehow, that information was not enough.

            It were the last few hours of the field trip, and I still don’t know much about her, not even her name. For your information, Saya was on 1 on the 3 buses, specifically on Je and An’s bus, so I really couldn’t do anything about it, and the only way I’d learn more about her is via the knowledge of the Grade 8 class, and I don’t want to ask the adviser of their class, I’M NOT THAT DESPERATE!. Anyways, going home from the trip, back to school, on the bus, while watching a movie, I really couldn’t stop thinking about her, I only have so little information, not even her name (at the time), well maybe her nickname, but that was still not enough for me. When finally arriving at school, I called up my mom so that I could know what time I will be fetched, and she told me it would take… 30 minutes.

            30 minutes, 30 freakin’ minutes! So I had no idea what to do to but just sit down, talk talk to the people who are waiting for something, like my best friend MG. Me and MG go back since Grade 7, and we had a lot of good times, so to speak, so I was like: “Eh, what the heck am I going to do in these 30 minutes anyways?” So me and MG have this tendency to make a scene, and just get people’s attention for some reason, and for this reason, it’s because we were debating and shouting about Mountain DewTM or something. After finding out that we earned people’s attention once again, I just decided to shut up, since I got the attention of the teachers, along with Saya.

            Multiple quiet debates later, I he got to leave at an earlier time than I did, so yeah. I had no one else to talk to, or did I? We weren’t close, but MG kept playing around with them by making jokes about me to them, so I guess I have been introduced. I had no one else to speak to than with my “friends” Mika, RJ, and DJ. Their side of the waiting was sooooo darn close to where Saya was located, so I said: “Eh, why not?” I actually had fun talking to those guys, they were even better company than my Grade 9 classmates (no offense), or maybe I was just drinking too much Mountain DewTM. I made no progress with Saya at that time, well, maybe a small pinch of progress, like a %0.0000000000000000000000000000000001 on the progress pie chart since I found out she’s not that good in speaking in English, because after all, we are Filipinos, and it’s pretty darn rare to find a person who’s fluent in speaking in English. At the end of the day, I tried looking for her on Facebook, using her nickname I got from my friends, I spent hours looking for her, aaaaaaaaaand I had absolutely no progress.