Chapter One: The First Spark

Friday, February 20, 2015

        It was the day of my school's field trip, which was the tour around the city of Intramuros. (The things I learned from the tour had nothing to do with this book.) At the time we left the school, on the bus going to the location, I was thinking about my crush since the places we were going to were close to her school, and it would be cool if I would see her there. Even though she called our relationship close/best friends two times already when I confessed, I act like nothing happened, just like with anything, really. In this book, I'll call her Aki. While on the way I paid no attention to the tour guide explaining the location and its history (sorry Mr. Tour Guide in our bus) since I was thinking about how me and Aki would hopefully be together, since you know, third time's the charm as they say.

        I had no idea we had already arrived at the location, but we did, so screw it. We had a tour around the place, visited the Manila Cathedral, although we did not go in there since was like a wedding mass or something and they didn't want us to disrupt the mass or bother the people having the mass. A few minutes later, we soon were approaching the "walled city" (Intramuros) a place with 4.5 thick 6m high walls, old buildings that were destroyed during World War II, and even those old-school horse carriages which we weren't able to ride, sadly. See, I learned things. Anyways, a couple of explanations from the tour guide later, i still didn't listen, I only listened to stuff my classes say, like gossip, or jokes and stuff like that. Whatever the tour guide said went inside and then outside of my ear holes immediately (am I offending you Mr. Tour Guide sir? I'm so sorry). A few more minutes of the day passed, I started looking at my watch, just hoping that time would pass, go home, chat with Aki on facebook, and enjoy the rest of the day, I started feeling bored and started to wish that the field trip will end very soon, until I heard a certain gossip from my classmates about a person, a girl specifically, who was a cosplayer, wearing a blue jacket and glasses. I got interested, I even asked who she was since the only girl I saw for the whole field trip was the one in our bus (who was the main tour guide's girlfriend) and she didn't fit any of the characteristics given, I guessed that she was a random tourist or sightseer who wasn't part of our tour and stuff, but anyways, the interest disappeared after watching an educational film about the history of Intramuros. The next location on the tour was Fort Santiago, and as we were approaching the gate, the Majestic As Fudge entrance, people were being noisy since they were having a picture taking, and me, for being dumb and not bringing my camera, wanted to have a picture for a good cover/profile photo on Facebook. So I joined the group of people and not knowing who the photographer was, I asked my friends where the photographer was, so that I would be looking at the camera in the picture taken. My friends pointed out to me where the camera was and where the cameraman was, or should I say camerawoman.