iii.

"the books and herself
was everything she had.
until one day between the shelves
she took another step
to be something more than a reader."

︎♡︎

i was ashamed when i said the old lady what had happened the day before, that i had just gone away without letting her know i had taken the books with me. surprisingly she wasn't even mad, she just checked what i borrowed and let me go. i realised i had been stressed out the whole afternoon for nothing. i blew a sigh of relief and went to my favourite spot to throw myself into my fantasy.

"you should apologise to the miss who was searching for the book, not me," called the lady. "she really hoped she could read it."

i didn't understand why she couldn't buy it in a book store when it was in every single shop. maybe she wasn't that kind of person, i thought. i shrugged it off and concentrated on my favourite activity.

it was friday and i was glad i found my table unoccupied since there was a lot of students who wanted to get a few hours of escape after a long week.

"hey." i was taken aback. it caused a soft voice too close to my ear. it was a girl, younger than me, i could say. "what are you reading?"

i simply lent her the book in front of me and she did the same with hers. it was a poetry collection by an author i hadn't ever heard about in my entire life. "that's cool. look, maybe you should try some poetry, novels are boring. or at least try to write something yourself."

"maybe i should," i smiled, curious about the girl's personality. "sorry, i'm not really a type who writes," i thought to myself. "not even poetry."