Chapter 6

Things were going good for me and Blake. We have been living here for a week now and my father has not contacted us. I've only went back to the house once and my father was still on the ground. The reason being it was a few hours after I had knocked him out. I haven't seen or heard from him since. We basically got all of your stuff but a few things, and I plan on getting the rest of that today.

Blake had school today but I didn't because it was senior ditch day, which was awesome. I was now on my way to our old house. The place looked like no one had lived here for several years.

I opened the door and saw that nothing has been moved, at least from what I remembered. It smelled like nothing has been cleaned in a while, mold developing on the walls, beer bottles on the floor, but what's new.

I turned the corner and my heart was literally pounding out of my chest. My eyes widened, and my breath quickened. What I saw laying on the floor was none other than my father.

I didn't look like he had moved since 3 days ago, when I had hit him.

I slowly walked towards his what seemed like lifeless body and knelled down next to him. I put my finger on him neck to check for a pulse, but it wasn't there. My father has no pulse.

I shot up in terror. Had I killed my father? So many thoughts were surrounding me, I felt like I was going to faint. Man am I glad Blake had school.

I flipped my father so his front was facing up. His eyes were closed, dry bloop covering his face from his broken skull. He looked badly beaten, which he was.

What am I going to do with him? Should I just leave him and act like I hadn't know, or should I hide the body. Chances are if anyone came to our house, they would smell his body, so I couldn't leave him here. My eyes were searching everywhere in the house for possible hiding places. I stopped and thought for a moment, I had completely forgotten about the old shed in the back. Nothing was in there but a bunch of trash.

I started to move the shed to the side relieving a dry patch of dirt. It was perfect. I grabbed the shovel from the shed and started digging a big hole hoping this whole thing would go smoothly.

An hour went by and the hole was almost finished. The hole was pretty deep, over my head. I laid down in it just to make sure it was long enough before I put the body in. I dragged my dad across the lawn and threw him in the hole. I stood there for god know how long just looking at him remembering the times when things were happy.

My father used to take me to all sorts of places, laughing, having a good time. I missed that so much. Then my brother died and things got a little worse. The last straw was when my mom died, and now my dad. All that was left is Blake. I promised myself to never let anyone hurt my little brother until the day I die.

I shoveled and shoveled dirt into the hole, covering his broken down body. Not once shedding a tear. The shed was then moved over the patch if dirt covering any trace of evidence left of him.

I got the rest of my things and left the house. My mind was blank the whole ride home, not once thinking of the sin and crime that I had just committed.

As soon as I walked into the door, my phone started ringing. Without looking at the caller ID, I answered the phone. An unfamiliar voice spoke a simple hello.

"Who is this?" I asked, worried that someone might have seen him and what he had did.

"This is Patrick, remember you gave me your number." He sounded a little hurt but I put that behind me.

"Oh yea. I remember, sorry I've been a little out of it recently, how are you?" I said.

"I'm good, I just wanted to hear your voice so I called." He laughed.