XXVII. Hands.

When Jungkook opened his eyes on this Sunday morning, he instantly frowned. He sighed and hide his eyes with his left forearm. His room was already enlightened by the sun. Kook yawned. He was tired today. He stayed up late the night before to work on a assignment. He had an essay to finish for Monday. And as he was working at the coffee shop for the entire week end, he could only study and work on it during the night. Jungkook was a perfectionist. He could have take a break and go to sleep earlier. He could have do the first part of his assignment and finish it the following night. He had time. But he couldn't stop working when he started. He had to finish. He wouldn't be at ease if he stopped mid-work, that was why he stayed up late. His essay was finished. However Jungkook was exhausted. He sighed another time and opened his eyes again. He frowned even more. Something was odd. Why was the sun so high in the sky? Why was the light already invading his bedroom? Usually, when he was waking up, it was still a bit dark outside. He was waking up early every day. Still, today, the sun was high. He stretched his arm to grab his phone from the nightstand next to his bed.

His eyes opened big from surprise when he checked the time. He was late. He should already be in the bus to go to the coffee shop. He didn't hear his alarm. And now, he was so late. He jumped out from his bed and ran to his bathroom. He took the quickest shower. He dressed with some dark sweatpants and a black shirt. He didn't even take the time to style his hair. He didnt have the time. He only put some lip balm on his lips before leaving the bathroom. He put his backpack on his shoulder and ran out of his place. He was breathless when he entered the bus and sighed when he sat. He ran a hand on his hair and bit his lips. He hated being late.

Actually, Jungkook was rarely late. he would always wake up earlier than necessary to be avoid being late. His anxious nature was preventing him from being late. He hated making other people wait for him. And he didn't want to make them waste their precious time for him. So, he managed to be on time most of the time. Still, accidents could always happen. He was late today because he slept too much. Of course, he knew Jin wouldnt be mad at him. His cousin was nice and understanding. He understood that Jungkook was tired from his week at university. If Kook told him about his assignment, Seokjin would have told him to stay home to study for sure. Jungkook didn't want to let Jimin and Jin down. So, he would apologize all day for his tardiness.

While he was sleeping in the bus, he sent a good morning text to Yoongi. He had almost thirty minutes before arriving at the coffee shop. He knew the pianist must be awake already. During the entire week, they grew closer and learned a lot about each other. And if Jungkook learned something  about Min Yoongi it was that he was awake early, mostly to work in his studio. Kook found that admirable. Yoongi was passionate about his work and that was his main occupation. He could work on songs for hours. And that was so cool, according to Jungkook. He loved to that too. He would love to work as a music producer in the future. Yoongi was definitely the coolest man on earth.

And he was the nicest, the loveliest, the most caring and attentive person Kook ever met. All their meetings were full of softness and sweetness. Jungkook was falling in love more and more every time. When they were working on the piano, his heart was racing hard. When they were eating dinner together, Kooks chest was warmer. When they were holding hands, the whole world stopped around them. When they smiled at each other, Jungkook wanted to stay in this moment for the eternity. Jungkook sighed and checked if he had an answer from Yoongi. He turned his had toward the window of the bus, his text was still unread. Sometimes, Kook felt like he knew Yoongi forever. They clicked. Maybe not at their first meeting. Jungkook was way too shy to click with anyone at a first meeting. Still, slowly, as they saw each other every day during the past week, Kook felt something special change. In him. In Yoongi. Between the two of them. The admiration he first felt for Yoongi turned into love. The shyness he was fighting everyday since his birth disappeared slowly with Yoongi. And his strong anxiety was rarely showing when he was near the pianist. It was as if Yoongi was there to sooth him, to heal him, to reassure him. More than that. Yoongi was actually protecting Jungkook since their first meeting.