II

Evelyn arrived at the office building near downtown twenty minutes before her scheduled interview time. She pulled up the email on her phone that displayed the QR code for a visitor's pass and showed the young lady at the front desk once inside the building.

This is pretty fancy for a maid service, isn't it? She thought. The receptionist gave Evlyn a plain white plastic card with only a sticker of the QR code and her name on it hooked on a black lanyard. She was instructed to take the B elevator to the 9th floor then follow the signs for Premier Services.

On the ninth floor things looked even more upscale, stark white walls with a wide black strip going horizontally across the middle filled with intricate artwork that looked hard carved. Gold knobs and handles were fastened to every door and there was a large black and white circular desk in the middle of the lobby. A handsome man sat within the round barrier with a slight smile on his lips.

"Good afternoon, are you here for an interview?"

"Hi, yes I am. My name is Evlyn" she replied with a cute smile that showcased her pearly whites

"Yes, I see you here at 12:30. I need to scan your visitor's pass" she handed him her lanyard and he placed it code side down on a lidless scanner then gave it back to her. "Would you like a beverage, coffee, tea or water?"

"No thank you" she declined wearing the lanyard again

"Alright, you can have a seat. I've already notified Marie of your arrival she'll come for you soon"

"Thank you"

"You're welcome and good luck" Evlyn took a seat in one of the six extra black leather chairs lining the western wall of the room.

She made sure her phone was on silent although there was a very slim chance of anyone calling or texting her during she couldn't risk it. Checking the time in the process she noticed it was not 12:20pm and she began to get a little nervous. Doing silent breathing exercises to calm down she mentally hyped herself to be positive and optimistic before she knew the time had passed her name was called. Looking up she saw a woman of average height wearing  blue wide leg pants that accentuated her curvy waist, a satin polka dot shirt and tall black pumps that gave her the height needed for her pants to hover ever so slightly above the floor.

"Good afternoon, my name is Marie come on back" she smiled

"Hi It's nice to meet you Marie" Evlyn follows the woman down a corridor until they arrived in a small conference room

"Please have a seat, would you like water or coffee?"

"No thank you" she hung her jacket on the back of her chosen chair and hung her purse there as well. She was stiff and nervous as she made eye contact with Marie

"So Evlyn, I know the application on the website is a bit general and vague so I apologize about that. We at Premier Services offered a little more that simple maid and housekeeping jobs, our clients are usually of the upper echelon and like to maintain a level of privacy and anonymity that we take very seriously"

"Oh okay" that explains the fancy and modern decor, she thought "So there is a possibility I'd be working for someone famous or influential?"

"Yes, exactly. We actually have a new client, a couple that is looking for a maid to start as soon as possible so I've a few people to interview for that position as all of my current girls are contracted right now. So let's get started with the interview"

Forty-five minutes later Marie and Evlyn were wrapping up the interview. The latter felt really good about this one, she gave great answers to all of Marie's questions, and asked some really good ones as well. They even shared a few laughs together, Marie had a good feeling she already found her perfect candidate but still needed to do her duty and at least meet with the other applicants.

"Well Evlyn I mean it when I say it was an absolute pleasure meeting you. I probably shouldn't tell you this but I don't even want to meet with the others'' Marie said extending her hand "I promise you'll be hearing from me very soon"

"Wow, thank you Marie I look forward to your call" she walked Evlyn back to the lobby where they said goodbye again

"Soobin will give you some information that is imperative that you read if you accept an offer when made. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me, here is my card"

"Thank you. Have a good day" Evlyn said as they parted ways "Hi, Marie said you have some information for me"

"Of course, here you go. Sounds like things went well for you"

"I think so, I hope so" she gave a nervous smile

"You're all set, hopefully I'll see you again. Turn in the pass at the main reception desk downstairs before you leave"

"Alright, thanks again"

Evlyn released the breath she didn't know she was holding once she was outside in the fresh air again. Her spirits were lifted and her mood was brighter, she had hope. With the folder tucked securely in her arm she walked down to the bus top arriving right as the bus she needed did. She stepped on, scanned her card and found a seat in the middle taking it for herself. Her ride seemed shorter as her mind was elsewhere.

When she arrived him she hurried upstairs and changed into more comfortable clothes before settling onto the bed making herself comfortable then opened the folder to get started on her reading.