Chapter 10: Fires of Possession

After 1 month

On March 30th, 8:30 PM, the university campus came alive with a grand soirée. A gathering of faces, familiar and new, painted the scene—including Nib and Win. Despite the internal struggle, they stood amidst the crowd, a stark contrast to Jian, Pit, and the rest who reveled freely. Laughter and conversation flowed, the atmosphere animated by a shared sense of camaraderie, everyone indulging in refreshments to complete the festive ambiance.

 Laughter and conversation flowed, the atmosphere animated by a shared sense of camaraderie, everyone indulging in refreshments to complete the festive ambiance

Win, observing Nib, couldn't help but voice his thoughts, "Nib, (Gazing at him)... Have you noticed the subtle shift in your behavior lately?"

Nib, a playful grin forming, countered, "Your Highness, might I inquire as to the catalyst behind this profound observation?"

Win's retort carried a hint of annoyance, "Address me as 'Majesty,' not 'Highness.'"

Nib, breaking into laughter, teased, "Apologies, my indignant Majesty."

Win remained silent.

Nib relented, coaxing, "Alright, tell me what's bothering you."

Win, his voice tinged with frustration, confessed, "Do you genuinely want to know? The way you've altered your demeanor, your conversations, your gazes—don't you remember how you used to care for me? How you used to talk to me? How you used to look at me? Recently, the intimate gestures, the lustful glances—you've forgotten?"

Nib, understanding Win's unease, countered flirtatiously, "Oh, that's what's been troubling my sweetheart? Perhaps he desires a bit of the naughty, the lustful?" He reached for Win's hand, leading him to a secluded corner of the university washroom. The door clicked shut behind them.

Win's words held a soft yet resolute tone, "I've never expressed those thoughts

Win's words held a soft yet resolute tone, "I've never expressed those thoughts."

Undeterred, Nib drew near, his lips tracing Win's neck, his senses overwhelmed by the intoxicating aroma. With a plea laced in his voice, he implored, "Win, please grant me this."

Caught in the fervor of the moment, Win's apprehensions gave way, their lips meeting in a passionate embrace. The world around them faded as Nib's touch grew more insistent, lifting Win onto a table beside the basin. Amidst the vibrant soirée, curious eyes began to search for the absent pair, whispers of intrigue fluttering through the crowd.