Chapter 24: Jungle Trails of Love

At the stroke of 12:12 a.m., Nib and Win found themselves seated in the car, the night cloaking them in its velvety embrace. Win's concern weighed heavily on his mind as he turned to Nib.

Win's voice was gentle, filled with genuine worry, "Nib, are you absolutely certain you want to go through with this tonight? If you're not feeling up to it, we can postpone."

Nib turned to meet Win's gaze, his eyes reflecting unwavering determination.

Nib assured him with a soft smile, "Win, I appreciate your concern, but I need to prove that Mew is not the culprit. Besides, I'm feeling perfectly fine now."

Win's eyes lingered on Nib, a tender warmth in his gaze as he murmured, "Hymn, Mew is incredibly fortunate to have you by his side."

Nib acknowledged the truth in those words with a knowing nod. Then, he posed a question that had been weighing on his mind.

Nib's voice was pensive as he spoke, "Win, do you truly believe we can uncover any evidence after a month and a night?"

Win leaned back in his seat, contemplating the question. His reply held a glimmer of hope.

Win responded, his voice filled with determination, "It's a challenging task, Nib, but I believe there must be something, a clue, a lead, anything that can guide us to the real culprit."

With that, Nib took the wheel.

Suddenly, as if a whisper of fate, Kimsy's call broke the tranquility of the night. Win's hand reached for his phone, his voice soft and reassuring as he answered, ''Win, where are you? Are you stranded somewhere? Should I come to pick you up?"

Win's eyes, still holding Nib's gaze, conveyed a silent reassurance.

Win responded with a calming tone, "No, Kimsy, I'm perfectly fine. I'm actually out for some important business... I meant to inform you, but it slipped my mind. Please, don't worry. Get some rest."

Kimsy sighed with relief, her voice carrying gratitude.

Kimsy replied, "Alright then..."

But Win couldn't let her go without expressing his care.

Win's voice softened, and he added, "Kimsy..."

Kimsy responded with a gentle "Hmm..."

Win continued, a tender warmth in his voice, "Have sweet dreams, and thank you."

Kimsy's heart warmed at his words.

Kimsy whispered her appreciation, "You're so sweet, Win... Take care."