Chapter 20: Stars and Secrets

Inside the car, with Nib firmly at the wheel, his eyes briefly glanced over at Win, and a warm smile tugged at his lips.

"Win," he said, his voice filled with genuine admiration, "I didn't notice earlier, but you look exceptionally charming today... I mean, truly adorable."

A faint, contemplative murmur escaped Win's lips as he replied, "Ummm..."

Nib's concern grew palpable as he continued, "What's the matter, Win? You've been unusually quiet ever since you visited Shine. Now, I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't have let you meet him."

Win shook his head gently, his thoughts heavy with the burden he carried. "No, it's not that," he finally admitted, his voice tinged with sadness. "There's something on my mind..."

Nib's curiosity piqued, and he pressed, "What is it?"

Win hesitated for a moment, his gaze fixed on the road ahead as if seeking solace in the distant horizon. "On the 18th of February 2018," he began, his voice quivering with the weight of memory, "my brother had a catastrophic accident... a truly life-altering one.

In the quiet confines of the car, the weight of Win's revelation hung heavily in the air

In the quiet confines of the car, the weight of Win's revelation hung heavily in the air. He continued, his voice carrying the sorrow of that fateful day, "He was with his boyfriend, Khunpol. Khunpol perished instantly, but my brother, he slipped into a coma. After half a month, he, too, left us."

Nib reached out and gently took Win's hand into his, offering silent reassurance as he said, "So, you're afraid that Shine might..."

Win's eyes met Nib's, conveying a silent plea for understanding. "No, no," he mouthed without words.

Nib squeezed Win's hand affectionately, offering unwavering support. "Don't worry," he whispered tenderly, "he will be alright. We won't let him leave us, and..."

"And what?" Win inquired, a touch of curiosity in his voice.

Nib's smile held a hint of mischief as he playfully teased, "He has to be the witness to our wedding."

Win's response was firm, his tone laced with resolve, "Nib, shut up."

Suddenly, the car came to an abrupt stop. Win inquired, "Why did you stop the car?"

Nib replied, "We've reached our destination for the day."

"Oh," Win sighed in relief, "I thought..."

"You thought what?" Nib prodded, his curiosity piqued.

"Um... nothing," Win mumbled.

As Win reached for the car door, Nib gently held his hand and asked, "Can I open this door for you?"