six

A gentle breeze brushed against Esme's cheeks as she sat on the bench, observing three children joyfully playing together

A gentle breeze brushed against Esme's cheeks as she sat on the bench, observing three children joyfully playing together. A warm smile tugged at her lips as memories flooded her mind, reminiscing the carefree moments of her own childhood when she used to play with Eliseo and Atlas.

Atlas, her best friend, the kind of brother anyone would ask for.

A flicker of unease tingled in the depths of Esme's senses, causing her to scan her surroundings. It was as if someone's eyes were fixed on her, but this feeling was different, distinct from the watchful presence of the Russo guards.

Pushing aside the unsettling sensation, Esme dismissed it, placing her trust in her brothers' guards to handle any potential threats. There was no need for her to act rashly or do anything foolish that could compromise her safety.

She focused her attention once more on the laughing siblings as they played. She gave herself permission to lose herself in the pure ecstasy of the current moment since it had caught her heart.

Silvano sat with his brothers, engaging in a discussion about the recent incident at the mall. Ottavio voiced his frustration, "So we have no idea who they work for?"

"They only mentioned one thing: twins."Vincenzo said as Ottavio groaned, his tone filled with skepticism. "As in our twins? How is that helpful?"

Just then, a knock on the door interrupted their conversation. They turned their heads to find Esme peeking through the door.

"I'm back from the park. Thought you should know," she informed Silvano, who nodded.

"Alright, it's almost dinner. Don't forget," he reminded her. Esme smiled and left the room.

Ottavio sighed, expressing his concern. "She's too innocent for this world." His brows furrowed as he posed a question to Silvano. "Are you ever going to tell the twins about this?"

Silvano's response was soft-spoken. "Not now." Arseneau added, "We just got them back. We can't risk losing them again." Ottavio's frown deepened, and he insisted, "They deserve to know the truth. Keeping more secrets from them will only worsen the situation."

"Arseneau is right," Silvano agreed. "We can't."
Ottavio shrugged, standing up from the couch. "I'm taking my lea—" Before he could finish his sentence, a knock interrupted him.
"Come in," Silvano said, his voice filled with seriousness.

A guard entered, his gaze fixed on the floor. "Sir, we have another, in the warehouse. He was following Esme while she was strolling in the park."

Silvano nodded, dismissing the guard. "You might need higher security around her" Ottavio broke the silence that lasted 5 seconds.

"Thats weird," Arseneau paused, gaining his brothers attention. "All of them follow Esme and only her. Eliseo on the other hand had no one following him"

"What are you suggesting?" Vincenzo questioned with a frown on his face that deepened. "Im not suggesting anything im merely stating" Arseneau replied, taking his leave.

Silvano let out a sigh and dismissed his brothers. He took a glance at the files stacked next to him, debating whether to go through them or not.

His phone started buzzing, making Silvano groan in annoyance. who is calling him at this time? He picked up his phone and read the contact name, debating whether to answer or not.

"Oh Deary Silvano, I'll be visiting you tomorrow along with my husband and daughter," Alisa screeches through the phone. "Whatever do as you like," He mutters "Ok-" He ends the call before she could finish what she says.

"Another headache to deal with great" Silvano mumbles, focusing on the documents. maybe it's too early for the twins to meet her.

The Russo siblings sat in silence, eating dinner. Esme broke the silence and making eye contact with Silvano. "So, What do you guys do for a living?" She asked, making the utensils clicking stop.

"The usual," Vincenzo replied. "The usual?" Esme asks, watching her brother's movements. Eliseo glared at her, making her shrug. "Well, We own a business" Silvano replied, smiling at Esme. "What kind of business?" She quickly asked, smiling back at her older brother.

"A family business," Ottavio says, making Esme nod her head. "Interesting" she continued eating, wondering what other questions she may have for them.

Is it too early to ask more questions? she thought

"Alisa is visiting tomorrow," Silvano says, making his brother's sigh. "Who's Alisa?" Eliseo asks, curious. "Your aunt, Our aunt," Ottavio says, shoving food in his mouth. "Aunt? С каких пор у нас появилась тетя?" Esme whispers to Eliseo who shrugged. "Yes aunt," Ottavio smiles.

Esme zones out and continues to eat her food. There are so many things happening and so many questions left unanswered and only one person can answer these questions so where the hell is he.

——

||A.N||

heyy

how do you think of this re-written version?

anything y'all re-readers would like to see

what about the new readers?