Chapter 4- The Wings are a Nice Touch

"What do you mean, make sure I'm ready?"

"Well you're coming with us," Techno said, standing. He gestured for Dream to follow him and began leading him back to his room. The cat and creeper followed, tensed and alert. Dream rolled his eyes, this was very over the top and exactly what he was expecting. "There's no way we're leaving you at the castle unsupervised."

"Yeah, I'm sure you want to flaunt your new pet around," Dream spat, directing his attention from the guards and to the prince. He was pissed, of course he was going to be shown off like some kind of breathing trophy.

"Not exactly. If anything, I need someone to keep me company," Techno said with an easy laugh, stopping in front of Dream's door. "I'll see you in about forty-five minutes, try to be as unproblematic as possible."

He left quickly, taking one of the guards with him. Dream was frozen, confusion coursing through him. Why would the prince of a powerful country need a lowly human to keep him company? He shook his head and pushed his door open. Waiting inside were the same servants as before.

Forty five minutes later and Dream wanted to never see the room again. He had stood still for ages, allowing seamstresses to measure every part of his body. Any time he would shift or move, they would get fussy and annoyed. However, the outfit he was provided just might make up for it.

It was a loose black shirt and comfortable brown pants, but over it all was his signature green, hooded cloak. Improvements had been made though. It was now a heavy, rich material that had no holes, dirt, or snags on it. It was held up by another golden chain. The only odd thing was the back of the shirt and cloak had a large opening, like something was meant to go there.  

He was allowed a necklace this time. It was a golden chain with a small line of emeralds attached to the front. It was a genuinely pretty necklace and Dream was toying with it right as Techno knocked on the door.

Purpled opened it, bowing low when the crown prince walked him. He smiled uncomfortably and nodded at him before looking at Dream.

"He looks perfect," Techno said in a relieved voice. "Thank you."

"Ok course sire."

Techno pursed his lips at the name and circled Dream, taking in every inch of him. Dream crossed his arms, he hated being sized up. During his auction, people did this all the time, making the younger Dream cry. Now he glared.

"Why am I not dressed as your slave?"

"Because you aren't," Techno said, sounding a little bemused. "We're all allowed to bring a friend and you were my pick."

"What, everyone else is going to a different kingdom," Dream said in a biting tone. Techno flinched imperceptibly, slowing to a stop right in front of him.

"Actually, you're the closest thing I have to an actual friend," he said in a cool tone. Dream felt a little bad, he had George and Sapnap before he was brought here and even before that humans helped humans. He had never truly been alone. "Anyways, we need to make you look a bit more like a hybrid. Hermitcraft doesn't tolerate humans, their policy is to kill them on the spot."

Dream's blood went cold and he stiffened. He was walking into a kingdom that would kill him on the spot because the prince was a lonely antisocial bitch? Seriously?

"So we got you this." He held out a glass vial filled with some odd liquid. It looked clear but when Techno moved it, it glinted in the sunlight. "Until the antidote is administered, you'll have the characteristics of a dragonfly hybrid. Tommy and I voted for it to be a dragon but Phil vetoed it. He said there hasn't been a dragon hybrid in centuries."