CHAPTER 039

"Your majesty, if you don't mind I have a request to make," I said fiddling with my fingers slightly. Suleiman was being dressed by his personal aghas so he can go to the heart of Istanbul with some of his men. Sometimes Suleiman goes in disguise while others he goes as the Sultan.

"What is it?" He asked turning around to face me. One of the aghas started buttoning the front of his coat.

"I wish to accompany you, I can go to the women and see what they need and meet the children. I always think about how the children are living, our children live lavishly but these children don't" I answered. I was almost begging in my small and short speech. I truly cared for those children, especially the orphans, who were looking after them? Were they really being taken care of?

"I like your idea, go get ready" Suleiman smiled as I eagerly bowed to him before skipping out of the room. Even though I'm twenty-one years old and a mother of five with a sixth on the way, but I couldn't help but act childish sometimes.

I immediately changed my clothes and wore warm clothes, we are still in March, a month after I got pregnant. I grinned at myself in the mirror before I left my room with my head held high as the harem girls whispered to each other. The carriage ride to the heart of Istanbul was very short and in no time I and Suleiman were walking around the bazaars, me one step behind of course.

"How's work, agham?" Suleiman asked taking a Loofah off the table and looked over it. He has very sharp eyes and could tell the real loofah from the false one which I found incredible, Suleiman is quite you but very talented.

"It is quite good under your rule, your majesty," the merchant said bowing his head not daring to look up. But he was probably the only respectful one as the rest of the merchants were looking at me with shock or hatred whispering to each other. I unconsciously stepped closer to Suleiman which he took notice of but didn't comment on.

"How can he walk around with a woman?" One of the merchants whispered to another. I didn't know it was shameful for the Sultan to walk around the bazaar with one of his harem, if I had known I wouldn't have requested to come with.

"Isn't she the one that keeps giving him children?" Another asked butting into the previous two's conversation.

"There are two who keep giving him children, which one do you mean?" The first merchant asked leaning closer to the third man. Suleiman moved to the table in front of the one we were at and closer to the gossiping merchants. I kept close to him watching as some female merchants watched me with hope in their eyes wanting me to go over to them.

"Tell his majesty I will be on the other side with the women" I whispered to Bali Bey who bowed and moved to the side to let me pass

"Tell his majesty I will be on the other side with the women" I whispered to Bali Bey who bowed and moved to the side to let me pass. I walked to the other side with two of my loyal maids behind me along with Hundi and a harem agha she trusted and has been bugging me to give him a higher status as the head agha of my chambers, his name was Yakup.

"Hello, how are you today?" I asked one of the female merchants. They all bowed when I stood beside them. It looked like they couldn't believe that I was stood there with them.