Chapter Twelve: New Home

I was taken into the ICU. I heard the doctors say I'm in critical condition and I'm in a induced coma that the doctors put me in, I originally was just unconscious but because of my critical state they had to put me into a medical induced coma. I could hear the doctors talking about my condition. I heard them talk about my dad. He's been sentenced to a life sentenced. 25 years. And that's only for good behaviour. I felt more calm. I'd be an adult when he gets out so I wouldn't have to worry about living with him again. I then heard them talking about me, I'd have to be sent to an orphanage if I woke up. Unless of course someone takes me in. I can then hear them talk about how long I'll be in the coma for. If I don't wake up in a week they are pulling the plug...

It's been 4 days... I'm still in the coma. Lisa, Henry, Larry, Sal, Todd, Ash, Maple and Chug all came to visit. I wasn't really close with Maple and Chug. Me and Ash were pretty good friends same with Todd I just didn't spend that much time with them. I appreciated them visiting me. As for Henry I never really talked to him. It was nice he visited me though. Everyone went home except for Sal. He's holding my hand, he's been crying for the past 3 hours. "Y/N... You have 3 days... Please." He begs. I know I have to wake up but my body won't let me.

————————-Day Seven———————

It's my last day. I'm still in this coma. I have until 6:30 pm to wake up. I heard the doctors mention in 4:30 pm now. I have 2 hours... Come on Y/N...

5:30 pm: I have an hour. I still haven't woken up... I'm so scared I'm going to lose time. And I'll never get to see Sal's beautiful face again, or Larry's luscious long hair that he always lets me braid, or Lisa's welcoming and kind nature, or Ashley's piercing green eyes, or Todd's fierce red hair and eccentric gay personality. Sal's piercing blue eyes looking into my E/C eyes, or his strong arms wrapping around my waist, his kisses, his smile. I can't leave not yet. "Y/N..." Sal... He's here. "It's 6:20 pm... You have 10 minutes left... Or else y-you're gonna l-leave me... Please don't leave me Y-Y/N..." He's sobbing. I have 10 minutes... No I can't leave Sal. I refuse. I start trying to wiggle my fingers. I start to feel like they're  more flexible so I keep wiggling. I hear a gasp. "Y/N?" I then try to flutter my eyes open. It takes a few tries but finally I'm greeted by a bright light. I freak out... Did they pull the plug? Am I dead?" I start to think. My vision starts to go clear and I start to see walls and machines. I'm awake. I look at Sal and he's still looking at my hands. "Hey there blueberry..." I say in a groggy tone. "Omg Y/N!" He gives me a big hug. "Ow careful you blue teddy bear. I'm still in pain." I giggle. He chuckles. "Sorry babe. I'm so glad to see you awake." He realises the nurses don't know and runs out into the hallway and yells "SHE'S AWAKE! MY GIRLFRIEND IS AWAKE!" I laugh again and he comes back inside. I'm so happy I'm awake.

I was discharged a few days later

I was discharged a few days later. I wasn't given strict orders to not do to much physical activity, no alcohol, and plenty of rest. Sal listened in on everything. We are in the car driving home and everything few seconds he's checking up on me making sure I'm okay. He sounds like a mum it's honestly funny. We drive to the apartments and he gets out of the car picking me up bridal style and carrying me inside to the basement. We knock on the door to Lisa and Larry's apartment and Lisa opens up to see me in Sal's arms. "Oh my goodness! Gorgeous girl, I'm so happy to see you out of the hospital! How are you feeling?" She asks giving me a motherly hug and a kiss on the head. "I'm feeling okay. Still sore, and I am still quite weak but I'm doing much better." I say with a smile. She smiles back. "Glad to hear it hun! I have to head out for work, Larry's in his room. I'll be home at 5:30 pm to make dinner. You two can stay if you'd like." She says letting us in. We agree, and she leaves with a smile. We head towards Larry's door and barge in. He's sitting on his chair painting not paying attention. From what I can see it's a hospital bed with a brunette girl laying in it asleep and a bluenette boy sitting in a chair next to her and a brunette boy with brown hair sitting in the chair next to the girl opposite the bluenette. It was us in the hospital. "Lar... This is so sweet." I start to tear up in Sal's arms. Lar turns around startled and sees me in Sal's arms close to crying and runs up and hugs me taking me out of Sal's grip. He spins me around in his arms bridal style and hugs me. "Oh my god! I thought I lost you. I thought I lost my sister forever." He sobs. I tear up. Lar and I have always joked about being siblings but never has he ever actually called me his sister. I sob in his chest. "You'd never lose me Lar." I sob. After cuddling me to his chest for awhile, Larry sets me down on his bed and Sal lays down next to me cuddling me gently and we watch Larry paint. We all start to talk about what I missed until Larry brings up my dad.

"He's been sentenced for life you know?" He says with a smile. "I know... 25 years only for good behaviour. I doubt he'll stick with good behaviour though." I say with a grin in hopes he doesn't. Larry laughs and Sal chuckles. I then turn serious. "I have to tell you guys something..." I say almost sounding upset. "What's wrong baby?" Sal asks gripping my waist with his arm. "Now that I no longer have any parents. I heard the nurse talk about me having to go to an orphanage unless I find a guardian." I say tearing up. The nearest orphanage is a whole state away. "Well guess what? They already talked to mom about it and she said she'd take you in. She isn't actually going for work she's actually going to sign the legal papers. You'll be my actual sister!" Larry cheers. I look at him. With tears. "Really? She's going to do that?." I ask almost crying. "Yes of course! You've always been like a daughter to her Y/N, ever since she met you. If anything happened to you she said she'd take you in." He said with a smile. I sob into Sal's chest and then I wiggle out of his grasp and wrap my arms around Larry's neck. "You're going to be my brother Lar!" I say excitedly, still crying. "And you Y/N, are going to be my sister!."

It's been 7 months since that whole incident

It's been 7 months since that whole incident. I'm now living with Lisa and Larry. Larry and I share his room. He's literally become my brother. We fight like we are blood related. "Stop being such an ass and give me my fucking phone!" I yell at him. He raises his arm higher out of my reach. "Hm no this is more fun." He rides it higher. "Larry Johnson, I swear give me my fucking phone or I will kill you." Suddenly Sal walks through the door. "Hey siblings!" He giggled. I run up to him hugging him. "Tell this lanky stoner bitch to give me my phone." I say grumbling. "Larry, dude, give the shortie her phone." He says laughing. "Hey! I'm not that short." I say. "You're shorter than Sal and he's short." Larry says still holding my phone. I woke up and stomp on his foot making him yelp and drop my phone. I pick it up and fall on my bed. "Hey! That was so unnecessary!" He says. "I told you to give it back." I say in a sing song voice. I lay on my bed with Sal cuddling and Larry lays on his bed. He calls Ashley and she comes over. Ashley and Larry have been dating for 2 months so we all hung out. It feels good to finally have a home.