Chapter Sixteen: ThatGuyMark

Sal and I walk into an office. A sign on the door reads: "Dr. Smith"

I knock on the door to Dr. Smith's office, Sal stands directly next to me. The door opens and a woman with long red hair, blue eyes and snowy white skin opens the door. She's wearing formal work clothing with heels. "Oh, good afternoon! You must be y/n! Dr. Smith." She says extending her hand out towards me. I shake it. "Yes I am, it's nice to meet you." I say slightly anxiously.

Sal grabs my hand and rubs my knuckles. "Oh, sorry! What's your name sir?" Dr. Smith asks. "Sal, Sal Fisher. I'm y/n's boyfriend." Sal replies. "Oh how lovely. Thankyou both for coming come on in." She opens the door wider letting us in. The room had a long brown leather chair with another leather chair on the opposite side facing the long chair. Dr. Smith sat in the smaller chair leaving Sal and I to sit in the longer chair.

"Now, lets start. Why have you decided to see me?" She asks. "Um.. Well. A few weeks ago, I was taken advantage of at a party. It's been affecting me horribly. I've had severe panic attack and breakdowns. I used to get them however the event seemed to have made them worse." I say shaking a bit. Sal grabs my hand again and lightly squeezes it to reassure me.

"I'm terribly sorry that happened to you, sweetie. Believe me the panic attacks and breakdowns you are experiencing are completely normal. There are ways we can control them however. Do not feel ashamed of having them. Through the next few sessions we have together we can work on mechanisms to calm down your panic attacks." She says with a genuine smile. I started to feel more comfortable. "I'm going to grab a coffee. I can see you're feeling more comfortable, would you like one?" Sal also whispering in my ear. I nodded and he stood up. "I'm gonna crab a coffee would you like one?" Sal also asks the psychologist. "No dear, thankyou." She replied with another smile.

Sal left the room and the psychologist looked back at me. "If you feel comfortable enough, could you please describe the event?" I gulped. I haven't fully spoken about what happened to me since the day after it happened. I took a breath and explained to her. Her face didn't change. She must hear these things a lot.

She could see my discomfort and placed a hand on my knee. (Not in a creepy/ sexual way. In a womanly comforting way.) "I know this topic is hard for you to talk about, but believe me you are not the only one this has happened to. It's not a good thing of course no one should have to go through this, but you are not alone." She sends a reassuring smile. "I just feel so alone. Yes, I have Sal but he has never had that happen to him." I say feeling like I was gonna break. "I know, well that's why I'm here, there are actually online groups you can use. They are like little group chats between people who are dealing with things. You can meet people going through what you are going through. (This is actually a thing, if you would like the website. Let me know through my DMs💗)

Our session ended, and I left. I walked out with Sal and told him everything. I looked up the website she told me and I started to talk to people. As soon as I got to the basement with Sal, Larry came running over and wrapped me in his arms. "How did it goooo?" He ask squeezing me. "L-Lar. Can't. Breathe." "Oh shit sorry." He releases his grip and I gasp. "It went good. She gave me a website to talk to people who have experienced what I have." I replied. "Oh sick." The conversation ended and we started talking about each other's day.

It started getting late and Sal went to his apartment. Larry and I walked to our rooms and went to bed. I decided to talk to the people of the chat room.

(Your username is PTSDQueen)

PTSDQueen: Heyyyy

ThatDepressedGirl: Heyyyy girl!

DepressoEspresso: Yo

ThatguyMark: Wassup?

PTSDQueen: How's everyone doing?

ThatDepressedGirl: Lmao I think my user explains it all😂

PTSDQueen: Bahaha omg😂

DepressoEspresso: So how'd you guys find this site?

PTSDQueen: Psychologist recommended it lmao

ThatGuyMark: Same!

DepressoEspresso: Yeah me too

ThatDepressedGirl: No one else was just lonely. Lmao now that's embarrassing.😭🤚

PTSDQueen: Omg no girl! You're not lonely anymore we're friends now, no escape😂

ThatDepressedGirl: Bahah I mean I'm cool with that😌

ThatGuyMark: Ahah @PTSDQueen is funny haha

PTSDQueen: Ahah thanks

DepressoEspresso: Simp

ThatDepressedGirl: Simp behaviourrrr

ThatGuyMark has added you

ThatGuyMark sent you a private message

ThatGuyMark: Hey! I wanted to just talk to you, they were being annoying aha

PTSDQueen: Aha oh that's okay!

ThatGuyMark: So how come you named yourself "PTSDQueen"?

PTSDQueen: Oh well, I've just been suffering with recent trauma, so my psychologist recommended this website aha

ThatGuyMark: Oh shit, I'm sorry. What's your trauma?

PTSDQueen: I'm sorry, I don't really want to tell a complete stranger aha.

ThatGuyMark: We aren't strangers we're friends now.

PTSDQueen: I don't know you, aha. Unless you've been sexually assaulted then I don't really want to talk about it. Sorry

ThatGuyMark: I mean, don't come on this kind of website if you aren't going to talk about your trauma lmao.

PTSDQueen: You don't have to come on this website to talk about trauma you can use it to make friends lmao.

ThatGuyMark: We should meet, I could cuddle you to get rid of your trauma lmao.

PTSDQueen: I have a boyfriend to cuddle me aha

ThatGuyMark: Lmao must not be doing a great job then if you still have your trauma.

PTSDQueen: Not how trauma works but okay.

ThatGuyMark: I'm probably better than your boyfriend. You should date me instead.

You blocked ThatGuyMark

What an asshole. Sal is my everything. I can't believe this guy.

ThatDepressedGirl has added you to a private chat

ThatDepressedGirl: Hey girl! You weren't answering the group aha so I thought I'd private message you.

PTSDQueen: Oh hey! You know that Mark guy? He sent me a private message and was basically saying he wanted to date me and shit and I said I had a boyfriend and he basically degraded him and said he'd be a better boyfriend.

ThatDepressedGirl: Agh what an asshole! I'm sorry girly! Are you okay?

PTSDQueen: Yeah I'm fine! I'm going to go to sleep, it's getting late.

ThatDepressedGirl: Yeah me too! Here's my number so we can talk on their to make shit easier aha. 555 232 245

PTSDQueen: Ah thankyou! I'll message you on your number tomorrow! Good night!

ThatDepressedGirl: Ahah no worries girl! Night!

She seems so nice. I have a new friend.

I still can't believe the Mark guy. Sal is my life. No one could ever treat me better. Whilst I was thinking my eyes became heavy and sleep started to take over. I ended up falling right to sleep.