Chapter 2: Old memories

- Natalie?-

- Louis...-

**FLASH BACK**

- How will I survive in school without you?- He said with a sad voice.

- I know that you will- I said trying to cheer him up.

- But I'm just 7, I can't do it alone- 

He was even crying, I couldn't stand looking at him like that. His blue eyes full of pain. His messy hair after he run his hands through his hair with desperation and impotence. I just wanted to make him feel better. I wanted to do something for a friend, but I couldn't. I just wanted him to smile. I wanted that perfect smile, that I loved so much, back. I wanted him to smile. To be as happy as always. To be as crazy as always. That crazy and loud boy that I loved with all my little body.

- Yes you can, I trust in you. You are strong.- I said to him, giving him a big hug, trying to comfort him. 

I drop a tear saying: 

- You know that I love you, but I have to go to London... My dad got a new job there-

- But I'll miss you so much...- He interrupted me while a tear run down his soft cheek. His perfect skin now had a red tone. He was sobbing, pressing his little hands over his eyes, drying the tears that run down his cheeks, and that still in his eyes.

I gave him a soft kiss in the lips and said:

- You'll see me again, I promise- I said to him, already crying. Dropping tears without noticing it.

- Promised?- He said looking at me with his beautiful blue eyes wet, full of tears, and with a red tone instead of white.

We both put our right hands over our hearts and then raised them, to then put them together. That was the way we promised things to each other. Since we were best friends. 

Then we let our hands go down, and hold both hands next to the both sides of us. He gave me a soft and quiet kiss in the lips, with that soft and pink lips that I loved when were curved and sowed a little his perfect and white teeth. After that I hugged him like never before, with my arms over his shoulders, and he gave me a hug back placing his arms round my back. And while we were hugging I whispered in his ear: 

- Heart promise-

**END OF THE FLASH BACK** 

We both looked to the others eyes, and in sync hugged the each other.

- I though I would never see you again- He said whispering in my ear

- Don't you remember? I made a heart promise!- I said to him, I don't know if laughing or almost crying.

He quietly laughed, while we still couldn't believe that after all this years we would met again. He was my boyfriend, or something like that when we were 6. When I was 7 I had to leave Doncaster, because my father was transferred to London.  

Louis looked even exactly the same as when I left Doncaster. It was... 14 years ago! Wow, so much time ago... But now he was a man. He still had the same beautiful and deep blue eyes that I remembered, obviously, but now his bone structure was perfect, his skin now was tan, soft, and perfect, his lips looked soft and they were pink, perfect pink, and his shining and soft hair. I have to admit it, he was very attractive.

- Do you want something to drink? I have Coca-Cola, orange juice, water...?- I asked to him, trying to make him more comfortable, as he looked really nervous and shy.

- Uuhm... Coca-Cola...- He said giving me that smile that I still remember.

He seemed more relaxed after that. His muscles now weren't tensed as he looked before.

I took two glasses, and then went to the refrigerator, looking for the bottle of Coca-Cola. When I found it, I took it, before closing the door of the refrigerator. I served it in the glasses, closing it. Then I put back the bottle to the refrigerator, and took the two glasses going back to the living-room, where Louis was sitting in the couch, still a bit tensed. 

I gave him the glass, giving him a warm smile, which he gave me back.

- Thanks-

- No problem-

Uuuhm... Awkward silence! Now what? I hate this. Ok. Relax. Ask him something!

- So how has been your life?- I said to him breaking the silence

- Eeeh... I moved to London tree years ago, to study here. You know, here are more opportunities and all...-

- Yeah...-

- And I'd been living in another place, but it was too far of my university, so I went here, to be ready for when classes start again.-

- Ahhh...-

Another awkward silence! Fuck. Now what?!

- And what about you?- He said breaking the silence.

- I've been living here alone since two years ago, my dad was transferred again, now to Manchester, so he went with my mom, and my brother. You know, Josh was just 13 when they left.-

- Yeah... When you left he was like a year old...-

- Yes...-

We spent all the afternoon, talking about us, about our lifes, everything that happened to us since I left Doncaster. But then a question that I wasn't expecting came out of his mouth.

- And you have a boyfriend? Or, are you in a relationship?-

I don't know. I've been being a bitch, and having sex with lots of guys, and kissing guys in every party that I go. I get drunk always... Aaaah... And by the way, last night I had sex with this guy that I just met. And tonight we're going to the cinema... Good. What the actually fuck can I answer to him?!

- I'm not sure to be honest... And you?-

He looked to his hands nervously, playing with his fingers, and then immediately looked back to me.

- Uuuhm... I don't like to be in relationships... I... I prefer to be alone- He answered to me.

He looked sad, as if something was hurting him. As if something was inside of him, hitting him inside, trying to kill him. 

I opened my mouth to ask him if something was wrong but he immediately stand up of the couch and said:

- I'm sorry I have to go-

- Did I said something?- 

I said trying to go back to the theme, even when I knew that he didn't want to talk about that. But I didn't cared, I needed to know. 

He looked at me with anger in his eyes and then said me:

- It's just... Just leave it- He said leaving my flat, closing the door after him. No... Hitting the door. 

He looked so shy, cute, polite when he arrived to my flat. But then, rude, he had bad mood, he was just so intolerant... What was his problem?! I wanted to know what was his problem. I wasn't going to leave it just like that. He was hiding something, something that he didn't wanted to tell, or even remember, and I wanted to help him. After all the things that he did for me, I had to do something back for him. But what? And how help him without making him get all angry and intolerant?!