Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Change.

"Captain"
My best friend,Ryan greeted me as I boarded the plane.
"Lieutenant"
I greeted back and we hugged.
"We are off to Iraq,there was multiple reports of bombings and chaos in the outer cities"
He reported to me and I nodded.
"What weapons have they assigned for this operation"
I asked.
"M4 Carbine with a GL,M11 with a laser and extended by 1 bullet,M9 Bayonet"
He said and I smiled.I kept mental notes of everything.
4th of October 2020 for all I know we could be out there for another year.
(A Day Later)
"Cap,you ready"
Private Jones asked.
"Of course,are you private"
I smiled over.
"Never been more"
He smiled.
"We must go out for drinks after this shit"
I chuckled.
"Of course Cap"
He said and we got geared up.We went into the locker rooms and I took my Camo gear and put it on,I put the vest on and got all the magazines in the pockets.I got my weapons from the armory and waited for everyone.
-
"Attention!"
I said.
"Sir yes sir!"
They all yelled.
"You ready to kick some ass"
I smiled.
"Sir yes sir!"
They yelled again.
"Let's bring home this win boys and girls"
I said and we moved out.
-
I held one fnger up and everyone behind me stopped.I took my knife out and sneaked up behind one guy with a AK in hand.I kicked the back of his knee,pulled his head back and put the knife in from the back of his throat,all in a quick motion.I went behind another guy with a AK in his hand too,I stabbed him up his back four times and then slit his throat.I signalled them to come to me and they moved silent.I slid behind another guy and just broke his neck.
"HEY!"
One of the armed guys yelled.I took the M4 from my back and shot him and everyone else in the vicinity.Private Jones ran foward but a few more people rushed in,I ran infront of him,took out my pistol and shot all of them but I got shot in the vest during the process.I fell back,got up and held my chest.
"Thank fuck for level four"
I chuckled and breathed heavy.They came over but I was okay.I turned the vest around so the back vest was the front.
"Thank you Captain"
Jones said.
"It's all good Private"
I said and tapped his shoulder.
-
I went in first again,I went behind a guy and stabbed him in the top of his head.A guy made eye contact with me but before he could say anything I threw the knife and it went in the middle of his face.I saw four sniper towers and I went back.
"GL,4 towers on go.3.2.1"
I said and they shot it and it fell.
"Great work soldiers"
I said.
"O3 to A6 over"
I said over the radio.
"O3 copy"
The Sniper replied.
"Can you check ahead of us,over"
I said.
"Clear,over"
He replied.
"Copy that"
I said and we moved in.
-
I heard a bounce around us,I looked at the ground a grenade.I picked it up and threw it back,a grenade has about a 3-5 second time till exploding.
"Move back!"
I said and we all ran.A explosion went off and it was on their side.We checked it out,I caught one off-guard and I stabbed his back,turned him around,stabbed him in his neck then shot him in his head.I just executed him like in Warzone.We went out and we won this battle,I still had my pistol in my hand and as I looked to the side a bullet hit me square in my neck.As I held my neck I shot thrice and killed the guy.
"Ven"
Ryan came over and kept my hand down.Everyone rushed over and reported it over the radio.My eyes started falling then he started slapping me,he kept slapping me until a helicopter arrived and picked me up.
-
That's all I could remember when I got a fright and woke up in a hospital bed.My breathing sounded deeper.
"Doctor!"
I tried to yell but my voice just got hurt.
"Hey Mr-"
She said.
"Shhh,call me Ven"
I cut her off.
"What happened to my voice"
I asked.
"The bullet grazed your larynx so it damaged your vocal chords,it has changed your entire voice,instead of it being hoarse,it went lower and it is rare"
She said and I held my head.
"Am I still qualified to be in the military"
I asked.
"Unfortunately no"
She said.
"Fuck"
I said.
-
I went back to the base and went to the General.
"Captain,are you okay"
He asked and hugged me.
"General,yes but there's a change"
I said and his eyes went wide.
"I'm not qualified to be in the military anymore after 5 years,I would recommend my position to Lieutenant Ryan Walsh if you can or would want that"
I said.
"I would gladly do that in your honour"
He said and we had a hug.
"Our best soldier,you need to be honoured in our unit"
He said and shook my hand.He put his hand up to his head and so did I.I gave in my uniform but I kept my badges and accolades.I went to Ryan.
"Captain"
He said and hugged.
"You're Captain now"
I said and his eyes went wide.
"Woah your voice changed bro and really?"
He asked and I nodded.
"What about you?"
He asked.
"I can't be in anymore,it'll hurt my throat and I won't be able to speak"
I said and he hugged me.
"When your back from here bring Jones with to my house okay"
I said.
"Of course Cap"
He said and we shook hands and parted ways.
---------

Damn.
New book :D.