Dinner plans

Female War Veteran: The thing is I think it's getting worse. A cop pulled me over last week, he thought I was drunk. I swerved to miss a plastic bag. I thought it was an IED.

Sam Wilson: Some stuff you leave there, other stuff you bring back. It's our job to figure out how to carry it. Is it gonna be in a big suitcase or in a little man-purse? It's up to you.

After the meeting ends Steve and y/n wait for Sam as he finishes saying goodbye to the veterans.

Female War Veteran: I'll see you next week.

Sam Wilson: Yeah.

Female War Veteran: Yeah. 

Sam walks over to Steve and y/n.

Sam Wilson: Look who it is. The running man.

Steve Rogers: Caught the last few minutes.

y/n: It's pretty intense.

Sam Wilson: Yeah, brother, we all got the same problems. Guilt, regret.

Steve Rogers: You lose someone?

Sam Wilson: My wingman, Riley. Flying a night mission.Standard PJ rescue op, nothing we hadn't done a thousand times before, till RPG knock Riley's dumb ass out of the sky. Nothing I could do. It's like I was up there just to watch.

Steve Rogers: I'm sorry.

Sam Wilson: After that, I had really hard time finding a reason for being over there, you know?

y/n: But you're happy now, back in the world?

Sam Wilson: Hey, the number of people giving me orders is down to about zero. So, hell, yeah. Either of you thinking about getting out?

y/n: Not until I have enough money to last me the rest of my life.

Sam laughs and gives y/n a fist bump.

Steve Rogers: No. I don't know. To be honest, I don't know what I would do with myself if I did.

Sam Wilson: Ultimate fighting? 

Steve laughs.

Sam Wilson: It's just a great idea off the top of my head. But seriously, you could do whatever you want to do. What makes you happy?

Steve Rogers: I don't know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Steve and y/n walk to Steve's apartment they hear his pretty neighbour talking on the phone as she goes to do her laundry.

Sharon Carter: That's so sweet. That is so nice. Hey. I gotta go, though. Okay, bye. 

Turning to Steve] My aunt, she's kind of an insomniac. Yeah.

Steve Rogers: Hey, if you want...if you want, you're welcome to use my machine. Might be cheaper than the one in the basement.

Sharon Carter: Oh, yeah? What's it cost?

Steve Rogers: A cup of coffee?

Sharon Carter: Thank you, but um...I already have a load in downstairs, and, uh...you really don't want my scrubs in your machine. I'm just finished orientation in the infectious diseases ward, so...

Steve Rogers: Ah, well, I'll keep my distance.

Sharon Carter: Well hopefully not too far. 

Sharon's roommate sticks her head out of the door and spots the two men.