Chapter 31

ELLA

I love Lorraine, I decided, smiling at the monitor and what I gleaned. They're aiding my cause without knowing it. I pulled on a nice dress and walked into reception, the Afro American girl sitting behind the counter. I ignored her. If I needed to get something, I would have to make do with myself.

I made for the elevator and pressed a button for the basement apartments. Right beside the kitchen and the stores. No one seems to care and I plucked into the store, picked up a room service gown and a name tag

I returned to the room and I hear sounds from Delia's room. I pause and listen, straining my ears. Muffled moans and sighs. I feel the colour around my ears intensify. I drop the clothes and leave the room, might as well take a walk on the beach.

Hours later, I returned to the bungalow with odds and ends that washed up on the shores, shells and stuff. Delia was inspecting my room service wear.

"What's this for?" She asked, putting her arms through the holes

"Lana and Lorraine have a spa date and coincidentally the apartment needs cleaning."

Delia's eyes widened as she got my drift. "That means we need extra camouflage "

"How?" Norris asked from the room door, his hair tousled artlessly

"You'll have to be at the apartment as they're leaving, we need to make sure she does not recognise you " Delia walked across the living room to the kitchen, pulling out vials in her wake.

I looked at Norris, who was staring at her ass, and he blushed a fiery shade. He ran his hand through his hair and walked away. Then I followed Delia. The Ella Gordon Inquisition.

DELIA

My thighs ached. Damn, Norris is quite the animal. I just hope Ella hasn't noticed anything, she wasn't here after all.

I concentrate on the work in front of me, trying hard to ignore the dull ache between my thighs. Ella stalks into the kitchen, her arms folded across her chest with a sceptical look. I ignore her and mix nightshade and wolfsbane.

"Delia Marie Feltham " Ella started, "what have you done?"

I give her my most deadpan/poker face. "I dunno what you're talking about"

That must have given me away, I think.

"I heard you guys, but I'm happy anyway" She said slowly. "Sooooooooooooo, how was it?"

She walked to the fridge, pulled out a bottle of water and threw a dramatic wink at me. Blushing to my roots, I covered the vial, shook it and set it down.

"Fine, I guess" I said

"Fine. On a scale of 1-10" She asked again.

"8.5" I covered my face and fled the kitchen while she laughed and followed me.

The Ella Gordon Inquisition, every one!