Epilogue

NORRIS
Where did that truck come from?
I didn't even see that red truck until it was too late.I opened my eyes and shook my head. I am sitting by a bit of broken glass, that's not right, I'm dead. Or am I?

I brush glass off my jacket, walking down. Some paramedics are bustling  around a crash, a red truck and a little green sedan. Looks like my parents car, I walk a little closer. The car is empty, but it's mine. I see my phone.

I run to the first body in a bag, Delia, she didn't even have cuts or anything.

"Delia! Wake up! What happened?"

"Snapped her neck" One paramedic said to another,  shaking his head "The other has glass bits in his brain, we had to extract the big shard."

The other paramedic shook his head " Nasty, reckless drivers, now look. What will happen to the parents?"

The first paramedic leaned down and zipped open a bag. Ella lay there, pale as the moon, dried blood matting her hair.
"This girl was dead or dying before the crash, she has a big slit on her throat, but the impact crushed her windpipe and she likely died choking on her own blood "

Okay, so where's my body?. I turn around and I see my body or rather what was left of it . I don't have a face, just some glass and a bloody mess.

"Norris" a familiar voice called out

I whip my head around and it's Delia, she's beside Jack and Ella

"Come on, we need to get a move on."  She said, walking over to her body and squatting beside it. "Goodbye beautiful."

Ella is pale, staring at her body "This is so awkward,  I can't even deal."

A huge portal gapes, I walk over and hug them. "My parents?"

"Will be notified" Jack said, reaching for Ella.

"Nothing you can do" Delia answered as she returned to us, placing her hand in mine.

"Well, here goes" Ella said. "I'm so sorry I brought you into this, Norris."

I nodded as Delia squeezed my hand.
We walked into the light.

Eons later.

I open my eyes, a sharp clinical smell hits my nostrils. The hum of machines all around me. I shut them again.

"Mr. Ashbourne " came a voice, very clipped and professional. "Nice of you to come around"

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice foreign to me.

"Beijing, China " the voice replied. "A hospital "

I tried to sit up, but the throbbing ache in my head kept me down.
" It's best you stay down, Mr.  Ashbourne."

"What happened? "

"An explosion, Mr. Ashbourne." the voice came "let me introduce you to your caretaker at the hospital "

Shuffling footsteps approached my bed, I squinted at the figure.

"This is nurse Di Leeyuh"

Delia! She couldn't have been more obvious.

I force open my eyes and stared at her until the haze began to clear. Sure enough, it was Delia, just a new name, jet black curls and the stereotypical Chinese eyes.

"Your family is here to see you, Cousins." She adjusted the bed so I would sit. On the sofa by the door with black roses sat Mr and Mrs. Lumsden. Jax and Elaine Lumsden.

I threw them a smile and we basked in mutual recognition, except me, I was in pain.

Delia kept her hands on my feet. The calendar showed 2076.

All was right with the world again.

This is the End guys!

I love you all.

Thanks to @Spite- for the lovely covers.

I'm working on another, hope you love it.

You love this one, vote!

Tell your friends and I appreciate.

Xoxo.

Itzhersey