Chapter 4: Cold as Ice

Mugmans POV (It's the same day as chapter 3 chill):

I wake up on the couch in the Devil's office. I felt The Devil's yellow eyes staring at me from his desk, when he saw that I was awaking he quickly darted his eyes to the paperwork he was pretending to be doing. He looks over at me again, pretending that this was the first time he'd looked at me. "Morning Sunshine~" he said. I giggle a little bit, as I giggle I notice that the Devil seems to turn a bright red. He walks over to me and gives me a kiss on the head. I smile at him and he turns even more red than before.

(To the people at home see if you can count how many times anyone in the chapter blushes, type your answer in the comments)

He opens his mouth and starts to explain that he didn't drug the flowers as I had originally thought. He explains that he had enchanted them to give me +magic+.
"Sorry I didn't check in with you first." He says looking down at his feet. I give him a pat on the head. "It's okay" I say, sounding condescending. He looks up and I could tell he was quite annoyed by this. He picks me up looks me dead in the eye and says: "Are you trying to seduce me Mugshot? 'Cause if you are..~" He cuts himself off and gives me a passionate kiss. I try to keep up with it but he's being too rough. "It's working~" he finishes, breaking away from the kiss. I quickly turn into a blushing mess and he chuckles. "Your so adorable Mugshot~." One thing I've noticed about the Devil is that he always sounds like he's trying to seduce someone and it's honestly quite hot. I give him another pat on the head, just for giggles and he says: "Yup your definitely trying to seduce me." We have a moment of silence before we both start laughing out heads off. "Oh God I love you" he says out of breath from laughing. I'm quite surprised he said the L word only two days into the relationship but hey I'm not complaining. "I love you too" I say. His face turns a light pink as he places me back down. I look at the clock, it reads 7:30pm. The Devil looks at it as well and says: "Ughhh is your break over alreadyyy." I laugh and say: "Yup, sorry baby." He looks disappointed and says "Ugh fine I guess I have to let you go back to work." Have crosses his arms like he's protesting something. "I wish your boss would give you a longer break." I look at him confused and say: "But Devs YOUR my boss." He perks up and says "OH YEAH I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!" He seems quite excited but he then looks over at the pile of paperwork on his desk and sighs. "Ughhh Dice brought me a new thing of paperwork I need to do." I look at him with sympathy and say: "Awe." He gives me a kiss goodbye and I walk out of his office and continue working.

Me and Cuphead finish up and Cups closes the Casino. "Oh thank God that's over." He says with a look of triumph on his face. I smile at him. "Whatever makes you happy brother." I say. King Dice walks out towards the bar and sits down. I see Cuphead's face light up as he dashes to the bar. I think of walking over there but then I hear Dice flirting with my brother I decided against it.

I just finished cleaning the bathrooms and I was walking back from the supply closet when I hear voices coming from the Devil's office. And none of the voices belonged to him. I look inside and see the Imps speaking among themselves. "Do you think poison would kill him?" The gray one said to the pink one "No you idoit he's a demon, poison wouldn't obviously do it." They both looked up at the sky, they were thinking. "What if we impale him?" Said the Pink Imp "No he could just revive himself." Said the gray one. They went back to thinking "I got it! We could out holy water in his drink." Said the Pink Imp. "Isn't that the same thing as poisoning him?" Said the gray Imp, looking confused. I don't believe it. They were planning on killing the Devil.

Suddenly I feel upset and a chill runs up my spine. I want to hurt those two. I want them to suffer. They deserved death. Suddenly a huge spike of ice appears from the ground impaling the two Imps. I stumbled back on to the floor and start shaking. What. The. Hell. I didn't understand what was happening. "Awe did you miss me~?" I heard a voice say. I spun around. It was the Devil. "May I ask why your on the floor darling~?" He says. I looked at him blankly, he could tell I was mortified. "Baby what's going on". I point inside his office to were the bloody corpses of the two small demons were. They were still impaled on the ice shard. He looked at them with a clam and amazed look. "Aw you got me a present!" He said. I blinked a couple times then said: "Your not mad?" He looked at me with a loving look and smiled. "Why would I be mad? Those two idiots have been trying to kill me for weeks, plus I think it's an improvement!" I look at him and he says: "I think it's kinda hot you would kill them for me.~" I blush at him. He helps me up and says: "Cuphead's waiting for you." He gives me a tender kiss goodbye and walks into his office. I looked inside one last time and I could only see a flash of hell fire the Devil summoned. Then boom the two Imps were no more. I walk over to Cuphead and we both walk home together.

Words: 1024