Chapter 11: Backstabber

Narrators POV

It was quiet, besides the Devils low growls and Mugmans slight whimpers, it seemed like the entire world was quiet. Asmo had rubbed his nose where the Devil had punched him and stared at his best friend is complete terror. The Devil had quickly taken a handkerchief from Mugmans pocket and had applied pressure to it. He then wrapped his handle in it and gently picked him up. The Devil looked at Asmo and snarled. "I should've killed you.." he then turned and bolted into the casino. Asmo got back in his car and waited, even while knowing that there's a zero out of a hundred chance that Mugman would want to see him again.

The Devils POV

I darted back into the Casino and ran to my office, once I was inside I slammed the door shut and placed Mugman on the sofa. I quickly pulled out a first aid kit and walked back over to Mugman, who was now crying. At first this whole rivalry between me and Asmodeus (or whatever you wanna call it) was between us demons, now that he's hurt the person I love it's become a personal affair. "Sweetheart..turn a round for a second" I said softly. Mugman slowly turns around with a small whimper following. I slowly take the handkerchief off of his handle and toss it aside, revealing the crack in his handle. "That bastard.."  I mutter to myself. I take a gauze bandage and softly wrap it around the crack, then I tied it. "Does that feel okay?" I asked. He gives me a small nod and pulls me into a gentle hug. "Mugs.." I start, but then I feel him start to cry. I'm really bad with things like these, so I just rub his back and wipe away his tears. I try to think of something to say. Maybe something like, 'I won't let this happen again' or 'That rat bastard won't get away with this.' "That rat bastard won't happen again." I said, my face heating up in embarrassment. He looked up at me with a confused look on his face. "DAMNIT- I didn't mean to say that-" I say, as I looked away in embarrassment, but then he starts to laugh. I look at him again, and he was smiling and laughing. Almost as if he wasn't injured just now. He lays his head on my chest and looks up at me with his beautiful smile. "Thank you, I needed that." He says as he slowly leans up. He softly grabs my cheek and kisses me softly. As I kiss him back I remembered the reason he came here in the first place. "CUPHEAD!" I suddenly shout. "Let's go wake him up!" He looks at me determined and nods his head. I open a portal so that way we wouldn't have to run into Asmodeus in the parking lot and we head to his house. 

When we arrive Dice is sitting on the couch next to the sleeping Cuphead...

Words: 536

A/N:

Sorry for not updating for a while and sorry this Chapter is a little short, there should be a longer one coming out very soon! I love you guys and have a great day/night 

-TJ