Billy's POV:

The shimmering waters along the coast of Farmingburg Pond unwillingly made myself yearn for the soothing aqua. I was hidden in the tall grasses beside the pond. On most sides of the pond, there were trees shading us from the suns rays, but on a few meters pf the North side, there was an opening, allowing the human-creatures to give us birds the feed we had needed, as we don't want to waste our time scrounging around the water and dirt like a rat wound.

Of course, the gulls that appeared at the pond were an exception. Though I've seen birds say that pigeons are rats with wings, I would disagree. The pond gulls are the real vermin. They feast in anything they see, stripping away the food that is in our home. The gulls make the loudest, strangest, most annoying noises. I would say even the human-creatures are less annoying than them.

I was seated next to the water, enjoying the break from constant snow we were having. It was silent. The waters were not frozen over, but calm. The only sound I could hear was the sound of the wind against the leaf-less trees. Although it was technically spring, as the buds on the trees were starting to form, the air was still filled with freezing winds.

I was starting to drift off asleep when I heard the slow clapping sound of a human-creature coming down shore. I had to be careful! Human-creature Cubs would always shove little pieces of metal towards me, and say their language in a praising way, and so did some of the large human-creatures. But, alas, not all of them were as innocent. Others carried a fire stick, that shot out explosions, murdering what ever was in-front of it.

I do understand that human-creatures need to eat, but some wouldn't even pick up the dead creature after they killed it! Us pheasants were usually targets in the act of their food chain, so I needed to get ready to spring back into the long grass. I peeked over the corner of the shore to see a large human-creature resting their body on the cold sand.

The human turned right to see me and had a shocked expression on its face. The long haired human jumped up and slowly walked away. At that moment I was feeling confused- why would a creature that big be scared of me?

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS VERY SHORT BUT I WILL MAKE NEXT CHAPTER LONGER BUT JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS A COMPLETE JOKE lol