Chapter Three

After hours on a plane, we finally arrived in Rome.

"Wow, it's so beautiful here!" I say to my parents as they smile back at me.  A few minutes after arriving and getting our luggage we get into a taxi that my parents had called down. "So, where are we going? And why are we here? Not that I mind or anything!" I say shaking my hands in front of me so they wouldn't get the wrong idea that I didn't want to be here. They smile, but I could tell it was a bit forced.

"We just wanted to take you somewhere special for your sixteenth birthday." My mother tells me. I smile at them and reach from the back of the taxi to hug my mom. I feel spoiled...and this is the first time they have done this for me. This seems a bit off...but I'm not going to complain one bit.

"Thanks, this is awesome!" I say to them knowing that there's more to it than meets the eye. When we arrived at a really expensive-looking hotel, I look at my parents surprised. "We're staying here?!" They nod. "But it must have been very expensive!?" They brush it off and shake their head. We get out and grab our luggage from the trunk.

"One of my friends owns the place, and I have business with them so we get great discounts." I nod and smile. I never knew my dad had these types of connections...but then again I wasn't expecting to be some type of "royal".

"Thanks!" I say and hug them both. We enter the place and as we do so I swear I saw my older cousin, Lawrence. I was about to walk in the direction he went when my dad grabbed my shoulder and took us to the counter to sign in. When we're done my dad grabs the key and we go to floor sixteen. "This is cool I'm turning sixteen in nine days and we're staying on the SIXTEENTH floor." They nod and as we get off the elevator that we were on we find room SIXTEEN and enter inside. Okay a bit much, but still pretty cool. "How did we get this room?! It's huge and it's number sixteen!" I ask my father.

"I asked my friend if we could make this arrangement for you." I smile happily at him. Well, that's also convenient, I always forget our room numbers when I travel with my family. That's probably the reason for this setup. I go into one of the two rooms and place my things down. I hear my dad come into the room so I turn around and hug him.

"Thanks, Dad," I say kissing him on his cheek, as he hugs me back.

"No problem sweetie." We start to unpack and by the time we finished it was already late so we got our pajamas and got into bed. My mother and father got into bed together and were starting to drift off to sleep when I stayed on my bed alone next to them in the other room. I was about to close my eyes when I start to feel dizzy so I sat up on the bed but that only made it worse. I almost fall off the bed but I managed to grab the head of the bed to steady myself. What the hell? I lay down again on the bed trying to see if it would make me feel better, but it just made it worse so I try to sit up again but every small movement I did made me extremely dizzy. This isn't good, I need to call my parents.

I get worse and I try to force myself to sit up straight, but I fail and fall to the floor with a thud causing my parents to wake up. I hear them get up and look for me on the bed but soon realized that I had fallen onto the floor on the other side. My dad quickly grabs me and picks me up from the floor and puts me on the bed. I wanted to tell him to check my temperature if I was sick but I couldn't talk at all. I could see my mom and dad give each other a worried expression and before I passed out I heard my mom say. "She found him?!"

Sorry for the extremely short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it!