Chapter XIII: Stolen Hopes PART 1: Subdued

AUTHOR'S NOTES🌟:

I'm wishing you guys all the best. These chapters are a little depressing from Tanjirou's POV, but I hope you like it and if you feel like leaving a comment, go right ahead to let me know your thoughts. Stay strong in these difficult times, okay?

Summary:

Tanjirou is trapped in a pit of depression but is forced out of it as he finally figures out Muzan's plot for him and is made aware of his one major weakness that his Master plans to use against him. He struggles hard; unable to believe that this is the fate that he's about to meet, but it's clear who is in control here and who will be guiding him to the end that has been mapped out for him.

Content Dictionary

Thoughts

xxx: End of a section

[[Sound]]

.

"Memory of a conversation."

.

"Heh." or Heh: A laugh

'Muzan speaking to Tanjirou telepathically'

.•.

.•.

N.B.: Present; Location: Muzan's Mansion... Time: Late evening ⏰

.•.

MISERY, DEPRESSION, NAUSEA. TANJIROU'S STOMACH twisted with the burn of his raging thoughts. The thoughts that he had been trying to use to distract himself from Muzan's presence had become disjointed reminders of his weaknesses, forcing him to analyze everything more intensely.

He was no longer angry and reproachful, but just sick.

He was sick of the state of helplessness that Muzan had put him in to the point that he was becoming physically ill.