Ch.4: Substitute

╔═════☩══♛══☩═════╗

[WARNING]: This book will contain mature themes such as: Violence, Disturbing Imagery, Sexual content, extremely unacceptable behavior expressed by the antagonists, kidnapping, Dark, uncomfortable and disgusting topics, etcetera. Not suitable for readers under 18. A 'Yandere' should never be sought out in real life as they are incredibly toxic, dangerous and abusive. I do not condone the actions and/or the ideals of 'yanderes', this is purely fictional and should never be emulated in reality.

[WARNING/TRIGGER WARNING (TW)]: This chapter contains usage of profanity.

The antagonists (the 'yanderes') are supposed to be unsettling and immoral (abusive), I do not condone their ways.
Also, please do not romanticize dementia. It's a real and scary illness.

This book may cause gender dysphoria to some. Please read at your own risk.

╚═════☩══✦══☩═════╝

"What were you thinking?" The king's voice boomed throughout the throne room. You winced at his loudness, it even more painful to endure than your cut.

Sir Ephemera stood far away, right next to the door.

"Injuring yourself, engaging in disgraceful commoner acts, blabbing incoherent nonsense to servants, inability to control your flames, now requesting me to relieve Sir Ephemera from his position and call the marriage with Prince Lyosia off?!" He harshly pointed at you with his pointer finger.

"Unbelievable! What has gotten into you!?" He yelled. You remained silent, staring at your new, unburnt shoes. This doesn't phase you at all, you're sure that you're much older than the king in your past life. So it's like hearing a bratty, rich child scream at you.

You wanted to reply to the king's question with 'Sir Ephemera's body dust', but you didn't want to get the blond in trouble too.

He stormed towards your smaller form and pushed your chin up.

"Answer me!" He shouted.

You gulped and gave him a confident, serious stare before answering earnestly.

"Menopause."

SMACK!

The slap threw you to the ground, making you lose your hearing temporarily. You hissed in pain as you cradled your cheek, he burnt your skin!

"You're clearly not in your right mind now." The king walked back to his throne and defeatedly sat on it, rubbing his head in apprehension. His hand is still emitting smoke from delivering that scorching blow. "We will discuss about this tomorrow. Gather your thoughts and fix your attitude by then." The king glared at you, ignoring the presence of your knight, uneasily watching you writhe in pain.

"Leave my sight. I don't want to see you until you're cured from whatever disease that plagued your mind." He gave you a rude and dismissive wave. The knight proceeded to push open the heavy grand doors.

"You confuse me, daddy dearest. Do you consider this a disease I have no control over, or something that I can control within a time limit?" You teasingly asked, covering your burnt cheek with a hand.

Big mistake.

"Oh shit." You muttered under your breath as a gigantic fireball looms over you, it's perfectly reflected in your glassy eyes... a furious sphere of crackling flames.