Chapter 18 - The Offer

The rain continued to pour down for the fifth day in a row upon Kelly Leaf Zone, which for Creamocchia, still sitting in bed in her pink coloured pyjamas that morning was fascinating to watch from her bedroom window. She may not have quite enjoyed how dark the clouds made everything look compared to a bright and sunny day, but the raindrops and sounds of them and the puddles they made on the ground kept her entranced that Friday morning.

"I wish I could play in the puddles," she said whilst Cheese was by the bedroom door putting his hat on. "They look like a lot of fun."

"And get your clothes wet? We have school today, remember," he reminded her. "I don't think Mrs Carroll would like you dripping wet before class."

"But I could get dry later on," she replied thinking ahead. "I've never got to play in a puddle before."

"Maybe it would be best to wait until after school if it's still raining if you'd like to try it that badly. You'd have to make sure to wear a raincoat and wellington boots for it."

"I would. I wouldn't want to get my normal clothes wet. I don't think Mama would like that."

"Anyway, you better get dressed and ready for school," he suggested. "You've got to bring your ballet outfit for today's dance club too."

"Yes..." she sighed looking at it hanging up in a bag by the bedroom door.

"What's the matter?" Cheese asked, noticing her mood switch.

"I know I've been trying my best at the dance club, but I'm still finding it really hard," she said tilting her head down towards the floor. "I'm enjoying it but I don't think I'm getting better at it at all..." Cheese flew to her side.

"I think you are doing great," he said. "I know it's a little hard for you to handle the styles of dance, but you can do it. I believe in you."

"Thank you," she said, still feeling down. "I'll keep trying." Realising he wasn't able to cheer her up instantly like usual, he changed the topic to something else.

"I think we have an art lesson today which you really like. We can come up with ideas for things to draw on the way to school. "That's my favourite lesson at school."

"Mine as well," Creamocchia said, beginning to perk up a little. "I'm looking forward to painting some pictures at some point too. When we get to do that I'll make the first one for Mama."

"Sounds good! I'll wait outside for you whilst you get dressed, ok?"

"Ok!" She replied happily, "see you in a minute."

Cheese left the room. As he waited outside whilst listening to Creamocchia hum a merry tune to herself, he began to wonder if she would be ok for the dance club later on. As much as she was enjoying it, the constant failures were starting to show signs of discouragement for the puppet. He hoped that her time at the club wouldn't result in an early exit.