Chapter 26 - Who nose the way home?

With only three days left of school before the start of Summer Vacation, Creamocchia felt a little sad at first knowing she'd be away from Kelly Leaf Elementary for a while. School life had been quite the experience so far, and taking a long break from it didn't feel quite right at first. But the closer the end of the term got, the more excited she became having understood that it meant a long time to have fun and do what she wanted.

Today wasn't any ordinary Sunday. It was going to be Creamocchia's first time being able to go out and play without an adult at her side, and she was eager to leave the house that morning. Having done some training with Vanilla several times, who had been watching them from several feet away, she now felt that Creamocchia was ok to go out by herself so long as it was local to their area and that Cheese would be at her side at all times. Creamocchia, with a little bag made of straw wrapped around her left arm via the handle, ran to the front door after breakfast with Cheese catching up eventually as the puppet hopped on the spot in anticipation for Vanilla to unlock the front door.

"Are you ready, Mama?!" she called out to her, "Cheese and I are both ready to go now!"

"We have to be patient, Cream," Cheese reminded her. "I know you're excited but don't rush her."

"I'm sorry Cheese. I'm just looking forward to this so much! Just the two of us going out to play together! I'm so happy!"

"Here I am," Vanilla smiled as she walked towards the door with the keys in hand. Creamocchia continued to jump for joy, unaware that she was blocking her mother from getting to the keyhole until Cheese gave her the signal to move. She quickly apologized and moved out of the way.

"The door is unlocking!" she said skipping on the spot again.

So the day has come, Vanilla said to herself, letting out a sigh in her head. I hope this all goes smoothly. Cheese will no doubt watch out for her, but I can't help but worry though.

The lock was undone. As soon as the door opened, Creamocchia charged out of the house, running towards the pathway ahead before being called by Vanilla to come back to her for a second. The puppet immediately did so, stopping in front of her mother and wrapping her fingers together.

"Now remember to always listen to Cheese if they need to tell you anything, OK?" Vanilla instructed. "Don't go off too far and stick to where we have walked before."

"I will, Mama!" she smiled.

"Thank you for doing this, Cheese. I know she'll be in good hands with you."

"I'll do my best, Miss Vanilla!" they said confidently. "Conscience reporting for duty, ma'am!"

"Alright then. Have fun you two," Vanilla said giving Creamocchia a kiss on the cheek, to which Creamocchia did back. "Be careful and make sure to be back at least before dinner time if you can."

"Thanks, Mama!" Creamocchia smiled as she turned to head off with Cheese flying beside her. "Buh-bye!" The children waved at Vanilla who waved back as she watched them take off down the pathway discussing where to go first until they were out of sight.