Wildest Dreams- Rebekoline

"Say you'll remember me,standing in a nice dress, staring atthe sunset, babe."

---

I look around nervously for any sign of Nik as I watch Caroline walking down the stairs in her blue tulle gown that falls off her shoulders graciously. Her face falters when Klaus' name is called and he doesn't show to take her hand. As they call for him again, Caroline makes eye contact with me. I shrug and inhale sharply. It hurts to watch her standing there alone, and I do what will either go down as the nicest or the dumbest thing I've ever done.

I push through the crowd, arriving at the bottom of the stairs, holding my hand out to the internally panicking girl. She frowns, but since she doesn't want to be disqualified, she takes my hand and then links our arms and we start walking.

"What are you doing?" she hisses, so only I can hear her.

"Just go with it."

"Where is your brother?"

"I don't know."

"Do you even know what you're doing?"

"It's ballroom dancing Caroline, it's hardly new territory; I'm a thousand years old, not stupid."

She scoffs as we unlink our arms and wait for the music to start. Sensing Caroline's discomfort with everyone staring at her, I offer a small smile which relaxes her for now as the music starts. We curtsy and the dance begins.

"This is bad right, Klaus not showing up?"

"Caroline, focus," I say calmly, making sure our hands stay two inches apart. "Take a deep breath," The perks of us both being vampires is that we can hear each other even when we're speaking quieter than the sound of a pin dropping. I take a deep breath and take three steps forward, meeting her in the middle. I place my hand delicately on her lower back, and take her hand while she places her hand on my shoulder.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" she whispers, eyes darting across the crowd.

"Because you're dancing with a girl."

A shaky breath escapes her, "have you ever danced with a girl?"

"Yes."

"Do you like dancing with girls?"

"I do, do you?"

"Well, you're very good at dancing."

"You too," I pull away from her as the dance ends, a small smile involuntarily spreading across my lips.

She smiles back before we follow the rest of the contestants off the dance floor. "I like your dress, I forgot to tell you that."

"Thanks, I like yours too."

"Why are you helping me?"

I shrug, "I honestly don't know, but I did like dancing with you."

She blushes a dark shade of red, which, even though she tries to hide it, is completely noticeable.

"You're blushing," I tease, putting my drink down on the table.

"Shut up."

I hold back a laugh at her obvious anxiousness. "Ask your question Caroline, I'm not a mind-reader."

"Have you ever been with a girl, like that?"

"Sure, why? Have you?" I ask, trying to figure out the point to her question.

"No, never."

"Then why do you ask?"

"I-" she finally looks up at me with her blue-green eyes, "-you're just oddly comfortable dancing with me." She takes an interest in one of my four rings on my fingers. "Where'd you get this one?"

"New Orleans, 1919."

"Its pretty," she runs her thumb over the blood red jewel that's cut in the shape of a square.

"Care, they're announcing the winner soon," Bonnie says.

"Ugh, finally," she stands up straight and smiles brightly.

I hold my hand out to her and she takes it, this time time with confidence. We walk and line up with the other contestants. Elena glares at me, and I roll my eyes.

"I better win," Caroline says through gritted teeth.

I stifle a laugh.

"And this years miss mystic falls is Caroline Forbes!"

She turns to look at me, beaming from ear to ear before stepping up to receive her award. She walks away, a roar of formal applause following her. She grabs onto my arm and drags me off the stage. She pulls me back to our table, her smile still plastered on her face.

"You won, congratulations."

She sighs, "yeah-" her eyes drift from mine and her smile fades slowly.

"What?"

No response.

"Caroline, what-"

She cuts me off, pressing her lips into mine. She moves her hands up to my face and pulls me closer simultaneously. She eventually pulls away, failing miserably to hide her smile.

"What was that for?"

"I saw Klaus, and I wanted to."

I roll my eyes.

"It's not like you didnt kiss me back."

I have no response to that, because she's right.

"Do you want to get out of here?"

"And go where?"

She shrugs, but a mischievous smile appears on her face.

"Caroline Forbes," I hiss.

She starts laughing, "come on, please?"

"No! I'm not-"

"Okay, fine, what about um the grill?"

I nod, "sure, but you better not suggest-"

"For the love of God, I was kidding! Now, are we going or not?"

"Yes, we're going."

"Great," she grabs my hand and drags me through the crowd.

I ignore the petrifying anxiety building in my stomach about what Nik will do later. Instead, I focus on Caroline and all of her beauty as we walk hand in hand, seemingly pretending that the rest of the world doesn't exist.

---

A/n: we ignore the ending I ran out of inspo rip. Also, I know this doesnt follow any timeline, but I had the idea so I wrote it.

Anyways enjoy

Vote/comment🙄

-Rchl🐛