37

3rd person

2 days later Jaysea Hossler died in the ICU. Once the cancer took over her brain. Which was made of her. It happened in her sleep. She didn't feel any pain aside from the pain she was already in. In a way Josh was relieved. He couldn't go on knowing how much pain she was in daily.

Jaden on the other hand is devastated. Like how one would expect. Right now he was more focused on his daughter than anything else. The one thing he has left of jaysea. At least he's got her.

The day of the funeral was cold. The leaves were starting to brown. They wanted to have a low key funeral. No one coming to pretend they knew her for attention. You'd be surprised.

Rayne didn't quite understand what all this was for. She just wanted to see her mom. She held onto Jadens neck tightly the whole time listening to people speak but not knowing what any of it means.

Jess was a mess. She knew it was coming soon but she always had her doubts. Thought there might be a miracle after all. However to her surprise there was no miracle. She got the call just like everyone else. She's the only one who's allowed to take it hard right now. Jaden has a daughter to look after. Josh is busy comforting Nessa. Everyone for themselves

Rosa wasn't at the funeral. She couldn't bare the thought of loosing another. Josh was the one who called her. She didn't even answer the phone. She knew what the call meant. She needed to be left alone.

Although everyone was sadly waiting for the day of her passing no one knew who was to arrive at the funeral. In walked SSA Hotchner, Jareau, Garcia, Morgan, Prentis, and doctor Reid.

Her case was one of the ones they couldn't forget. So it only felt fitting. JJ reached out before hand making sure it wouldn't me an imposition. Josh was glad to have them. It just shows how many people came to know and like Jaysea. The BAU went ahead and took care of the funeral and hospital expenses. Without question they were thankful.

Jaysea's road has come to an end and there's nothing that could have prevented it. For the rest of his life Jaden's gonna wonder what he could have done different. But the truth is there's nothing he could have done.

"I don't know what to say except for that the life of Jaysea life as one of the only reasons I'm still living mine. The love that I felt for her felt impossible. But I don't wanna talk about her life. Instead I wanna talk about cancer. There are infinite ways to describe her type. But there is only one way that it effected her. And there are infinite ways to try to create a cure. But there is only one true cure. I want more time. And that's selfish of me. And to some extent I don't care. But I know that she is not in pain anymore. And I'm gonna raise our daughter the best I can."