Bonus: This Strange Effect

"Can we please speak?" Eve texted Niko. She scrolled through the several unanswered messages that she had sent him. Eve paused and looked out the window. Why didn't he tell me he was going to Poland? The bus stopped and three people boarded the top deck. You know perfectly well why. Two of them sat in the front, while the third walked towards the back. Eve was thinking of what to say next, when her eyes caught a young woman approaching. Blonde hair tied in a neat bun. Hazel eyes. An expensive gray suit with matching slacks and a white undershirt. Charming smile. It was unmistakably Villanelle in all her eccentricity. And she smelled strongly of perfume too. Villanelle eyed Eve from head to toe, shaking her head in quiet disbelief. Konstantin wasn't lying after all. "Hi, Eve," she said, smirking, but Eve was not returning the favor. She was still having trouble moving on from what happened in Rome. You tricked me into killing Raymond, and left me to die alone. Damn you Villanelle. Eve launched out of her seat and attacked her, screaming out of pent up rage and past misdeeds that kept her up on restless nights.

"Eve, stop!" she pleaded. The passengers turned their heads, frightened and confused by the sudden outburst, while the bus driver remained oblivious to what was happening above. Eve had her pinned against a window now, trying to slap the shit out of her, but Villanelle awkwardly blocked her flapping hands. At one point, she grabbed her arms in mid flight. "I'm not here for you!" Villanelle reassured, and she let go of Eve in hopes of diffusing the situation. But she only made herself vulnerable. Eve took advantage of this by smacking her across the face. Villanelle was in shock, but not surprised.

She pushed Eve onto a passenger, before grabbing her by the shirt collar and taking her to the back of the bus, where she shoved Eve into an empty seat. The lady sitting behind them got up and squeezed by to find a new spot at the front. It was Villanelle's turn now. She pinned Eve down and got on top of her, their faces almost touching. It had been months since they were this close to each other and Villanelle was savoring every second of it, while Eve didn't know what to feel. "What do I smell of, to you?" Villanelle asked, eyes glancing up and down her face. Eve just stared back like a deer in headlights. She inched closer. "Smell me, Eve."

Fuck it. Out of nowhere, Eve leaned in and did what she'd fantasized about doing for a long time. She pressed her lips against Villanelle's and they kissed, eyes wide open. Eve certainly had a way of making her feel powerless. Although, she wouldn't admit it at first. And for the second time since Paris, Villanelle was surprised by Eve's assertiveness, but also extremely aroused. As was Eve. Eventually, their lips parted and they gazed into each others' eye. In that moment they shared together, it was pure bliss and they wished for it to go on forever, but Eve couldn't, unlike Villanelle. She was still hurting inside and confused about what their relationship meant moving forward. But were they not even now? After all, Eve had betrayed her first.

Still, you fucking shot me in the chest! Eve reminded herself. She cocked her head back. This is for leaving me to die, and then she launched forward like the bullet that pierced her body, although less penetrating, and knocked Villanelle on the forehead. They ricocheted off each other and Eve rolled onto the floor, while Villanelle stumbled off the bus at the next stop, both of them groaning under thunderous pulsations. Eve quickly recovered, as did Villanelle, and they locked eyes once more as the bus drove away. Damn you. Villanelle stood on the sidewalk and watched the bus disappear around the corner. She cracked a smile. See you around, Eve Polastri.