Baby sitting // Marcus

Request of : mattheoriddle4o8

My mom and dad was going on a vacation together in Hawaii. It was their 10 year anniversary, so I let them go alone.

Me and Marcus was supposed to go to town and sleep in a hotel, but as no one could look after my baby twin sisters for the week, we had to.

Rory and Malia, 4 years old, calm and actually really nice kids. I usually hate kids but not them.

••••••••••••••••**•••••••••••••••**•••••••••••••••

It was 3:34 in the noon and the dinner was served. Or... kind of, it was pizza. Rory has Diabetes so she needs her insulin shot before we eat. She's not very found of it yet.
She got diabetes 3 months ago.

" Rory, let's check your blood sugar " I prepared everything I would need, and put on a movie for Malia to watch in the other room.

" Don't wanna "
" Rory "
" Y/n "

I sighed. Why would she be stubborn now. She's always so calm with mum and dad doing it. Anyways, I looked over to Marcus and he gave me a nod that was telling me
" Let me talk to her for a minute "

So I walked out of the kitchen and went to hang out with Malia.

*******$$******$$*******$$********$$******

Marcus POV

I took Rorys little hand in mine and walked over to the counter. I lifted her up on it. While I was looking at her I tried to grab the blood sugar tester but she noticed and tried to jump of the counter.

" And where do you think your going young lady "
" 'way fom hea " aww I love her accent.

" but I wanna play hide and seek with you "
" don ' wanna "
" please "
"'Aight "

I told her to close her eyes and hold her hand out. She did.

I took the needle that you draw blood with in my right hand, and grabbed her hand in my other.

" Count to... 10 with me "
" bu' you supposed to 'ide "
" no y/n is gonna hide "
" kay "

I started counting with her.

One, two, three, prick

" ow " she whined and tried to escape my grip.
" I'm sorry, but hey your done now "

" it 'urts " tears fell from her eyes and I couldn't help to feel bad for her.

" shh... don't cry Rory. It's over " I cooed.

2,5

Alright her blood sugar is really low, so she won't need any insulin. The food will do.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

After we ate, all of us watched Shrek. The twins favorite movie. Ate some sweets and cuddled. The twins are very close too falling asleep, so me and Marcus took one each in our arms and stroked their hair.

Rory and Malia fell asleep soon after, so me and Marcus turned on Annabelle.

Half into the movie I remembered Rory ate sweets.

" Marcus, do you mind getting the blood sugar tester? "
" ofc "

He gently rolled Rory of off him and walked over to the medicine bucket. Grabbed her blood sugar kit and made his way over to us again.

Prick

" ow " she went to push his hand away, but I grabbed her wrist gently. She was now crying again.
God I hate when she cries out of pain

" Rory look, a Dino! "
" what, don' see any "
" oh it run away, maybe it was going to bed "

I could literally see her making stories in her head about the dinosaur.

" Um y/n, it's 10.4 "
" oh, yeah give me the insulin shot please "

He gave me the shot and sat Rory on his lap. Honestly, Marcus is the cutest with kids. He treats them like if it was his own.

He was holding one arm around her waist, the other holding both her hands tightly.

" Rory, I need you too close your eyes for a minute okay? "

" why " she asked me

" or else the dinosaurs won't be able to go to bed. They're really shy you see " I said. She closed her eyes and I took the opportunity to give her the shot in her leg.

She gave a little heart breaking scream, and started to cry for the third time in 4 hours. How lovely.

" shh... it's okay sweetheart " Marcus cooed as he kissed her head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rory fell asleep and we carried the twins up to their room. After, we kept watching Annabelle.

" You tired love" he asked me
" A li... yawn little " I said as I laid my head on his chest
" go too sleep"

And I did.

Wow thanks for all wives and votes. I feel like this chapter was more like a " your sister got diabetes check " but I made it into the story.

Sorry if it's bad