♥27: Why...

How could he...

The phone dropped from Felix's frozen hands, the black rectangle crashing to the floor, spiderweb cracks appearing on the pristine screen.

Everyone knows

Everyone knows

The deepening voices swirled around him like a broken record:

I thought you were better than this, Felix

Disgusting

People like you should rot in hell

Felix clenched his trembling hands, his emotions swelling beyond natural limits. He wanted to scream. He wanted to tear his hair out. He wanted to disappear.

He couldn't breathe.

Chan

He promised him

He promised him

This is all his fault.

The door suddenly swung open and a carefree, smiling Chan stepped in with a bag of groceries.

"Hey, Felix, what do you want for-"

"What the hell have you done, Chan? WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE?!" Felix screamed, his hoarse voice rising octaves with every word.

Chan flinched, dropping the bag of food in confusion.

"What are you talking abou-"

"Don't think I don't know. You know exactly what you did. Why did you break your promise? WHY!?"

Felix felt numb, he thought Chan could be trusted. He thought Chan understood his insecurities. His fears.

How could he...

"Let me explain-" Chan pleaded.

"Forget it. I don't even want to hear it. Is everything that comes out of your mouth just lies? Have you been lying to me this entire time? Do you even love me? "

Felix let out a hollow laugh.

With those words, Chan's temper broke.

"YOU TOLD ME I WAS A RUNAWAY. YOU TOLD ME TO STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM MY FEARS. SO I DID. I DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED OF ME. AND NOW YOU'RE ANGRY AT ME!?" Chan yelled, vocal chords straining.

Felix saw red. He didn't expect Chan to get so heated. Over a mistake that he made.

"I TOLD YOU EVERYTHING. I TOLD YOU ALL MY FEARS. ALL MY INSECURITIES. I FUCKING TRUSTED YOU WITH MY FEELINGS. I TRUSTED YOU WITH EVERYTHING I HAD. BUT WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU FUCKING THREW THEM AWAY LIKE TRASH HOW EVERYONE ELSE DID. NOW EVERYONE KNOWS. EVERYONE HATES ME. MY FAMILY FUCKING HATES ME" , Felix screamed, letting his raging emotions explode.

Chan gave a dry chuckle.

"You still call them family after everything they've done to you? Get a grip Felix, you should man up a little..."

Felix felt like a ton of bricks hit his stomach, his head, his whole body. It felt like someone wrapped their hand around his brittle glass heart and squeezed. 

Until it shattered.

Chan's words circled around his mind, pounding the message into his head, rewiring his brain.

You should man up a little

A broken laugh escaped from Felix's throat, hoarse from screaming. So this was Chan's true colors. He would've never guessed.