Part 10

"And when I felt like I was an old cardigan under someone's bed,

You put me on  and said I was your favourite"

 Going back to everyone wasn't even as awkward as you'd predicted ; what had just happened with Bucky was pretty obvious. Yet, all the guests decided to cheer you up and spend their night telling you jokes or just talking to you about random memories. When you went back to your  room for good, you made sure Bucky walked you there : you were silently thanking Steve for giving you a room this far away from the others, since it gave you the opportunity to speak freely. 

  "So, about earlier,"  you started, "I think..."

  "Hum,  yeah. I get it must be complicated for you." He scratched the back of his head as you stopped in front of your bedroom door.

  "It's not, actually." You looked him in the eyes. "I know exactly what I want."

  Something gleamed in his eyes – a hint of hope, maybe. 

  "You do?" he asked. "I don't want you to be in this situation, so..."

  "I swear," — you gently grabbed the front of his shirt  – "I promise I know you're who I want." You lowered your gaze. "I'd be a fool to pretend otherwise." 

  Bucky tilted his head down to see you better, breathing on the tip of your nose. "This makes me...really happy." He kissed your nose, making you feel an instant warmth in your chest. "Now go get some rest. You've had an eventful night."

  "You're right." You let go of him to grab the doorknob and turned around. "Wait, before I go..." You span and placed your hands on his shoulders to help you reach his height and planted a kiss on his lips again. "I really wanted to do this again."  

  You chuckled and left him at the door, quickly closing it behind you so that he wouldn't see you smiling like a teenager. Changing into your pyjamas, you were still unable to think about anything else than the  first kiss you'd shared and the emotion it'd gifted you with. You chose not to go to sleep right away : you knew a knock on your door would come. Around twenty minutes afterwards, you were ready to open the door to your sister right after hearing her. 

  "So, that happened," she said when she sat on your bed. "How are you feeling?"

  "Don't you already know that?" you teased. "I thought you were supposed to be a mind-reading enchantress or something. Your skills are getting rusty, sis." 

  Wanda couldn't help but laugh before asking her question  again. "Seriously, I want to hear it from you, not  from your thought process. It's too much of a mess anyway." 

   You rolled your eyes at the skies  before sitting next to her. "It was... I don't know how to describe it." You shrugged. "It felt right."

  "And what are you going to do about Darren? I heard you saying you were over, but are you actually doing it?"

  You stopped to think for a moment. What would divorcing Darren concretely mean? You'd have to go through a divorce procedure, and you didn't know how those were  supposed to go. Maybe you could  ask Tony if he knew any good lawyers who might you out. But there was another thing you'd need to do. 

   "I'll  go get my stuff tomorrow. I'm thinking  of asking Tony if I can stay here...permanently." 

  You wrapped your hands around your legs and rested your chin on your knees.

  "I'll go with you. I don't trust him." 

  "Thanks, Wanda."

  Your sister hugged you tight before lying down next to you.