Chapter Ten: Spinning Bottles

^skip until 1:00 in the video

-

"Yo, Del! Where have you been?" Nott chirps as Delphine walks into the common room.

"The library," She says, "Why do you care?" 

Nott sits to the right of Zabini on the emerald couch facing the fireplace, Pansy alone on the black leather one to the right of it which faces in, and Crabbe and Goyle on the one straight ahead of Pansy.

It has been a few days, now Friday, and Delphine has been spending her afternoons in the library with Hermione, Harry, and Ron. They are a rather pleasant trio, goofing off occasionally, usually ending with Hermione telling them to hush before the librarian comes over. Delphine feels as though she is starting to become a tad closer with the three of them. However, she has seen them fallen into hushed conversation before, without her. She can't blame them.

Zabini and Nott have not dropped the nickname Del, and Delphine is starting to think they never will.

She has seen Malfoy around, but has made an effort to keep distance from him.

She still can't get it out of her head that he used her, and that he knows far too much.

Better to stay away, this way, nothing explodes and becomes a mess she can't clean up. 

"It's Friday night! We just started playing spin the bottle, take a seat," Zabini says, ushering her over. She sees Pansy roll her eyes and slump farther into the couches of the couch. 

So Delphine takes a seat beside Nott, not protesting. And maybe just to spite Pansy.

"What's happened so far?" She asks, propping her elbow up on the armrest beside her and relaxing against the back of the couch.

Nott looks at her and raises his eyebrows, to which Delphine says,

"What?"

"Nothing," He says, shaking his head. "I've just never seen you willingly relax."

"Oh, shut up Nott," She says, "Just give me one of those bottles." She points to the couple of bottles of Firewhiskey which sit on the coffee table beside the one which is on its side. 

"Ooh, who had to kiss you?" Delphine asked when she notices the empty bottle is pointing to the boy next to her.

"I did," Zabini says with a goofy grin, making Delphine laugh.

"Damn, wish I saw that!" Imagining the boys having to kiss is quite hilarious.

"Well," He starts, "Stop being studious and hang out with us." She hears the pop of a bottle after the swish of a wand.

"Yeah, yeah, okay," Delphine takes the opened bottle from Nott. "So who is next?"

"You, of course," Nott replies with a cheeky smile across his face. Delphine groans, but a smile creeps onto her lips. She's been needing to let loose. So she takes a sip and places her bottle onto the side table next to the couch and scoots forward. She grabs onto the empty bottle, winds it up a little, then gives it a good spin. Spin the bottle had always been her favorite back at Beauxbatons. 

They give little whoops at her effort, then low 'ooo's when the bottle starts to slow. When it stops, Zabini and Nott turn to laugh with each other. Hearty and filled with cheer.

However, Delphine groans and Pansy does the same.

No way the two girls are going to kiss. 

"You have to do it! You have to!" Zabini says.