nightmare

He remembered the first time he saw Taketora, or his City Boy rather. It was the first time his team went to Tokyo, and they had a volleyball practice with Nekoma High. It was love at first site actually, but since he was nervous, he hid it behind his ‘Protective Senpai’ persona.

He was even scolded by Suga-san, but he couldn’t careless back then, when he saw the other’s defeated state because he lost a bet to his underclassman, he couldn’t help but to rail up the other much more.

He knew he was jerk for doing it but seeing Taketora’s expression was priceless. So, he continued until the later asked him information about their manager, he don’t know why but he felt his heart broken into pieces. He wanted the other ask about his information instead, but of course he didn’t want to blow up his cover.

Besides, they wouldn’t be able to see each other anymore after this, so he didn’t push the idea further. He made himself and everyone believe that he’s straight, and that he only liked Kiyoko. But at that moment he knew that this person standing in front of him, lighted up something within his heart. And he was really scared, as uncharacteristically as he is going to Suga-san for advice that night.

“Suga-san, may I talk to you for a few minutes?” He asked while making them both coffees.

“Seems like it will be a long night, so what’s going on with you, Tanaka?” He was shocked at how Suga was able to shift from a serious Senpai to a caring team mom with just one question.

“That must be the reason why he’s the team mom.”

He thought to himself and didn’t realized he was looking at Suga intensely before the setter pulled him back to reality by flicking his forehead.

“What is wrong with you, Ryu? You have been like that since dinner, and you were staring at Yamamoto for so long. It’s good that Yaku didn’t threatened to go Mama mode on you just yet.” He was speechless at how observant Suga was, for the older to see how he was staring at the spiker of Nekoma.

“Well, you will protect me from Yaku, right?” He asked like a child while looking at the ground.

“Would you look at that, our Ryu is having a crush on a City Boy.” He of course denies it, but he also knows that Suga will not buy his answer.

“There’s nothing wrong with liking someone, let along someone with the same gender as you. Look at me and Daichi, Asahi and Noya, also Kageyama and Hinata. The only time that it’s wrong is if you hurt someone along the way, so don’t feel negative about it alright?” What Suga said was comforting.

“You think so, Suga-san.” He asked unsure of what he would do in this situation.

“I know so, Tanaka. Oh, you might as well confess to him before we leave, you won’t know when we will see them again.” Well, Suga is right, he might as well confess to the boy tomorrow.