never let go

“Tanaka Ryuunosuke! Wake up already!”

“Yamamoto Taketora! Twenty laps around the gym for you!”

Screams can be heard from the opposite side of the training camp, as both captains try to wake their teammates.

Two spikers simultaneously got up from bed panting like they just played an official match in their dreams, that made them want to reassure each other are still safe. That was when they decide to disobey the rules and ran in the hallway.

“Tora.”

“Ryu.”

They said while looking at each other like there no one in the hall, but in reality, they have caught the attention of their teammates.

“Are you both alright?” The team mom caught their attention, as they sighed in relief.

“Yes… We’re alright Suga-san, Yaku-san.” They said at the same time.

After that they had breakfast all together, but the spiker was clearly out of shape. The captains decided to sit out the two players, but Suga and Yaku know them too well, and decided to talk with them separately.

“Tanaka, what’s on your mind?” Suga said softly not trying to scare his own junior.

“I had a nightmare last night….” Tanaka said skeptically looking at the ground ashamed to be out of shape today.

“It’s alright, you can tell me about it.” The older reassured him as he gathers his strength to talk about his nightmare.

On the other side of campus, for once Yaku Morisuke was not the demon Senpai as everyone describe him to be. He was looking at his spiker lovingly as he poured out his emotions, apparently the younger had a nightmare about himself dying because of Leukemia. He knows Taketora is a tough person, but that persona could only last for so long.

Deep inside Tora is just a little kid who needs constant reassure that he did the right thing, that’s why he was worried at first that Kenma and Tora will clash with each other, but surprisingly they worked out well.

“I’m…. I’m sorry Yaku-san….” He heard the younger saying as he tried to catch his breath, he on the other hand just ruffled the youngers hair.

“Don’t apologize because of what happened, but didn’t that nightmare teach you anything?” He asked Taketora, testing if he did learn anything from what happened.

“What are you trying to say, Yaku-san?” As expected, Tora was still out of it.

“It means that you can’t stop time, so if you don’t want to let him go, now is the time to confess.” He said as the younger nodded his head but looked at him with confusion in his eyes.

“What’s the matter?”

“How…. How do I confess, Yaku-san?” Yaku couldn’t help but to chuckled at the question, he forgot that his junior was not good with these things.

“Well, first bring him to the Tokyo tower. I heard he really wanted to go there, then if he asks why it’s Tokyo tower of all place. Tell him that it’s closes to the sky.” The younger looked at him horrified, he again forgot that the Tokyo tower in his memories was a bad one.

“It’s closes to the sky, and it’s also closes to Kami-sama.” That line did the reassurance, and Tora nodded at him and went to look for Tanaka.

“Tanaka!” Taketora screamed at the top of his lungs for the second time today and get the other spikers attention.

“Taketora, you need anything?”

“Come with me, let’s go to Tokyo tower. You’re not playing yet right?” The Karasuno player shook his head as an answer, that’s when Tora took Ryu’s hand and ran away from campus. It took them approximately twenty minutes to reach the tower, and they’re panting like crazy when they’ve reached the top.

“To… Tora hold on…. I can’t breathe. Let’s take a little break.” Although both of them have high stamina, they have to admit Tokyo tower is a different opponent.

They found a bench and sat there, but unlike in his dream, this time it was Ryu who was leaning against him to rest.

“Why did you take me here?” He was expecting that question already.

“Well, it’s closer to the sky.” The other immediately stiff beside him, but he tapped Ryu’s knee as a reassurance that it was not a bad thing.

“It’s also closer to Kami-sama, I can confess to you and he can hear it as well.”

“Y-you….” He chuckled at the others reaction.

“Yes, you heard me right Tanaka Ryuunosuke. I will only say this once, but I love you. It was love at first sight; I didn’t plan to confess. But after what happened in my dream, it made me realize that we don’t have all the time in the world. So, Tanaka Ryuunosuke, will you do the honor of being my boyfriend?”

Then there’s a dead silence between the two, before Tanaka removed his necklace and speck.

“This is the Karasuno necklace, Suga-san gave it to me in my first year. He said every member of the team have this, and I should give this to the person I love. What happened in my dream also taught me, that we don’t have all the time in the world. So, what if we have just known each other, I can’t keep it in anymore. I love you too, Yamamoto Taketora. And yes, I will be your boyfriend!” That made them both speechless, and the two just stayed their hugging each other.

"I will never let you go, kitty cat." He said as he gave his necklace to the other spiker.

"And I have no plans of doing so, baby crow." The other reassured him as they kissed each other.