School

"Mom, I do not want to go to school."

"You have to go Nick, just grow up and deal with it. You are not staying home."

"But im not feeling good."

"You have tried that before it wint work, you have to go."

"Fine."

Little did I know this woukd be the start of the worst month ever.

I went to school during morning activities. I sat in my normal spot in the playground. In the far corner under the rows of tall oak trees. I tried going to other places before but people always found me. So if they will always find me I might as well go somewhere I feel comfortable.

I was under the trees alone for 20 minutes as usual. Just sitting there waiting for my friend Alexis to get there. When I say her my heart skipped a beat. She was my best friend. No. She was my only friend. She was wearing grey sweatpants, a black tank top,  and a grey beanie. She was beautiful. She was the kind of person who always had a smile on her face and could always tell when someone was having a bad day. She was the best friend that anyone would be lucky to have.

We sat and talked until the bell rang for school to start. We were in the back of the playground so it took a while to get in the school like normal. When we got to the school doors we saw that Casey was waiting for us. He tormented us every day. Him and his friends are the reason we dreaded going to school.

Today he had new names for us and new ways to torment us. He called me fat, dumb, worthless, a drug addict, and weak. He started to push me then he got more violent and punched my arm. He punched it so hard that it went numb. I just stood there and let him bully me. Then he started calling Alexis names. He called her fat, a slut, ugly, dumb, a nerd, a drug addict, and worthless. We can deal with name calling but today he went further. He pushed her against the wall and grabbed her ass. I didnt do anything but in my mind I wanted to lash out at him.

We went into the school and went to class. I told Alexis I would be going home for lunch but that today I would be coming back.

I decided that today was the day I would stand up to Casey. Today was the day I had enough.

At lunch I went home and started to think about what I would do. I started to think how I could stop him.