Chapter 2

Genevieve's POV

I woke up on the couch with Matthew's arm draped around me. I look at the time and let out a string of curse words, "Matthew! I'm late!"

He stirs as I run into the bathroom, trying to brush my teeth and hair at the same time.

My phone starts to ring and I run to grab it, "Hello?"

"Gen? Where the hell are you? I need you here right this second!" Tony yells.

"Sorry! I'm running a little late!"

"I don't care! Come here right now!"

"Ten minutes!"

"Fine!"

I hang up the phone and rush into the shower, trying to get ready quickly. I wore a black blazer and skirt and rushed out the apartment, fumbling with my keys.

"What? What's so important?" I run into Tony's office.

"I need you to hand me that file over there," he points two feet away from, right out of arm's length.

I slump my shoulders, walk over to him and push him over, "Fuck you Tony! I was so panicked!"

He chuckles, "No but on a real note, Coulson keeps calling me."

The phone rings and Tony ignored it, keeping eye contact with me. I glare at him, "Pick it up. Now."

He groans and Coulson's voice comes through, "Mr Stark, we need to talk."

Tony sighs, "You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave a message."

"This is urgent," an irritated Coulson says through the phone.

"Then leave it urgently."

I glare at Tony and the door opens, revealing a slightly ticked off Phil Coulson.

"Hi Phil," I smile at him, "Sorry Tony's an ass."

"Phil?" Tony looks at me, "His first name is 'Agent'."

Coulson ignores his comment, "We need you to look over this ASAP."

"I don't like being handed things."

I give Tony a look and take it from Coulson, "It's fine. I love to be handed things."

I hand the file to Tony and look at Phil, "Is this about the Avengers Initiative? Which... I know nothing about whatsoever."

"Real subtle Gen," Tony walks over to the table, "I thought the Avengers Initiative was scrapped? Plus I didn't even qualify."

"Shocker," I mutter.

"Fired," Tony points at me, "Apparentky I'm volatile, self obsessed, and don't play well with others."

"Accurate," I grin.

"G? Come here," he opens some stuff on his laptop, before expanding it into the holographic form. Personnel files of multiple people opened. Some guy named Thor, Captain America, the Hulk, Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff. I remember her, I liked her.

I looked at the picture of Thor for a moment.

I swear he seemed familiar.

Probably one of those faces.

"Wow," I mutter, "You got a lotta homework. I'm gonna call Miss Potts and tell her no dinner."

He nods and I walk out of the room, "Hi Ms Potts?"

"Hey Genevieve. Tony's not coming?" she asks.