Chapter 1

A/N : Hey guys! So, I just wanted to say that Genevieve/Guinevere is our main character in this book. This story starts right before the Avengers 2012 movie, which is Genevieve's POV. Guinevere's POV takes place decades ago (way before Loki was evil), but make sure to remember that they're the same person, just reincarnated, and remember that Genevieve knows nothing about Guinevere. Anyway, that's all!

Laters.

Genevieve's POV

"Here's your coffee, Mr Stark," I put the drink down on the glass desk.

"G, I swear if you don't call me Tony I'm actually going to fire you. You've been working under me for a year now!" he groans.

I smile, "Sorry Mr - Tony."

He rolls his eyes, "Did the new shipment come in for the new suits?"

He throws a tennis ball at me and I glare at him, catching it, "Yes. It's downstairs waiting for you. And didn't Miss Potts tell you to stop throwing tennis balls in an office made of glass?"

He ignores my comment, "Let's go down and get the stuff. I'm gonna try to make enough suits for the HouseParty protocol."

He reaches out for the ball but I glare at him, "Sixth one I took this week. It's Monday."

"You're fired," he starts walking down the stairs.

"You couldn't live without me and you know it!" I call after him and follow.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Guinevere's POV

"Goodbye Father," I kiss his cheek. He smiles and I go off to the Odin's palace for my job, where I worked as one of Queen Frigga's personal advisor.

I sigh as I look back at the small, falling apart house. I wish my pay was just a little more, just enough to keep Father and I with a home, but I'll make do with what I have.

I reached the gorgeous palace, entering and looking for the Queen.

"Guinevere!" she calls me over, "I need you to give this to my son, Loki."

I bow down, "Of course, your Majesty."

I take the astrology novel from her hands and walk around the palace, looking for the prince's room.

I wandered into the royal sleeping quarters to find a large, blond man, Prince Thor. I courtesy, "Your Highness."

He smiles, "No need for that. Are you lost?"

I nod, "Yes, I'm looking for Prince Loki's room? The Queen asked me to give this to him."

He points a few doors down, "Right there."

"Thank you," I walk into the room and address the prince, "Your Highness. Your mother asked me to give you this."

He smiles at me sweetly, "May I?"

He walks up to me and gently takes the book from me. I feel something run through my stomach when his hands brush mine. I shake away the feeling immediately. He's royalty. I could be in deep trouble for even thinking that.

He gestures to the book and sits on the bed, "Have you ever read this? It's one of my favorites."

I read the title and shake my head, "No, your Majesty."

"Loki's fine."

"I'm sorry, your Highness. But I'm not allowed to call you that."

He sighs, gets up and nears me, "What if I order you to?"

I don't respond.

"Please call me Loki," he smiles.

I give him a small smile, "Okay."

He beams at that and hands the book back to me, "You read it. It's a wonderful book."

I smile and leave, "Thank you...Loki."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Genevieve's POV

After finishing up with Tony, I hail a cab and go home, being greeted by Matthew. He picks my lips, "Hey babe."

I wrap my arms around his neck and grin, "Hi. What do you want for dinner?"

"I already made some grilled salmon," he kisses the top of my head and walks into the kitchen, "Why don't you pick a movie?"

"M'kay," I plop down on the couch and choose "John Wick 3 : Para Bellum".

We had watched the other two a couple days ago. Matthew sits next to me and hands me a plate of food, "John Wick 3? Damn Gen, you musta really liked the first two."

He wraps an arm around me  and I lean into him, playing the movie.

"Love you babe."

"Happy two year's anniversary."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Guinevere's POV

I walk back home, my nose buried in the book. Loki was right. It was a wonderful book. I was already halfway through.

I open the door to Father counting coins, "Where'd you get that book, Guinevere?"

"The palace," I respond, "The younger prince gave it to me."

"Why? He's a royal," Father asks.

"I do not know, Father," I sigh, exasperated, "I have been wondering the same thing all day."

"Very well then, daughter," he tells me, "Just remember. They are royal and we are simply not. Nothing can ever happen between the two of you. It would disgrace our family's name too horribly."

"Yes, Father."

A/N : I hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter! I'll update soon and thanks for reading! I love y'all so much!

Laters.