Stitch

Akutagawa awoke in a cold sweat, gasping as he felt the stinging in his side.

He didn't know where he was, but there was a cold rag on his forehead, and he was laying on a red couch.

There was a towel under him, but he doubted it was keeping the blood from soaking through.

Whoever's couch this was, it was definitely going to be soiled.

"Finally awake?" A smooth voice said and Akutagawa almost snapped his neck at the speed he turned his head towards the sound.

Dazai gave a small smile, nodding at the boy currently laid out in his living room.

Akutagawa's eyes were about to pop out of his head, his heart was beating so loudly he was sure Dazai could hear it from where he stood across the way.

"What am I doing here?" Akutagawa breathed out, trying to keep his voice steady.

Dazai shrugged, making his way across the room to sit on the floor next to where Akutagawa was laying.

"I found you passed out in an ally." Dazai said simply, bringing a hand up to flip the cold rag he'd laid on Akutagawa's forehead. He was sure that side was warm by now.

Akutagawa flinched, rolling his eyes as he realized Dazai was just tormenting him now. "That doesn't explain why I'm here."

"I couldn't leave you for dead, you've still got a lot of work to do." Dazai hummed, moving to stand back up and brush his fingers through Akutagawa's hair.

Akutagawa flinched a second time, sighing out when he, again, realized Dazai was still just toying with him. "Wouldn't be the first time." He muttered.

Dazai paused, retracting his hand. "We need to get that wound stitched up, before you bleed out on my couch and I have to explain to the agency why I have a dead member of the port mafia in my apartment."

"Take off your shirt, I'll get the first aid kit."

Dazai took one last look at the battered boy on his couch and left the room, heading down the hallway to the bathroom.

Akutagawa could hear the older rummaging through things, presumably looking for the first aid kit he had mentioned.

He couldn't believe what he'd just heard. Take his shirt off? Stitched up? He couldn't handle this right now.

Dazai returned, scoffing a little bit. "I should have been more considerate." He mumbled, setting the first aid kit on the ground as he reached a hand out for Akutagawa to take.

"Let me help you. Come on, sit up." Dazai mumbled.

Akutagawa hesitated, he didn't want to give into this, but he knew if he wasn't stitched up soon then he would probably die.

He took the older's hand, letting out a small cry as Dazai helped him sit up. "Fuck." He whispered, closing his eyes.

Dazai smiled gently, hoping the gesture didn't come off the wrong way. "You're alright. Now, arms up. I'll be gentle."

Akutagawa tried lifting his arms, letting out another whimper as he raised them. "I can't, shit, I'm sorry."

Dazai caught his arms before they fell, holding them in one hand as he used the other to gently lift his shirt.

Akutagawa groaned as the shirt peeled away from his skin, it had gotten stuck to the blood and was probably reopening the wound as Dazai pulled it off of him.

"You're alright, over the head, ready?" Dazai gently put the younger's arms down after he got the shirt off of him.

The older slipped his arms out of the sleeves and tossed it to the end of the couch.