t h r e e

CHAPTER THREE

L u k e

As we ventured off to my house I noticed Aurora studying her surroundings, as if she didn't even know where she was..Wait, she probably doesn't. "I'm guessing you're new here?" I asked sounding a bit ridiculous. "I mean, I haven't seen you around here before, and I've lived here my whole life." She giggled and nodded. "Yeah, I am. I moved here from Doncaster." That explains the British accent. "I arrived at 6:30 this morning." She finished just as we arrived at my house. "Well, since you're here, why don't you come inside for a little? This is my house." I smirked and leaned up against my brother's bike, which ended in the bike and I falling over. Aurora laughed hysterically as she helped me up, examining my now red face. "It wasn't that funny.." I pouted. "Okay, maybe it was a little funny." I agreed as we laughed. I unlocked the house door and held it open for Aurora, hopefully regaining my coolness factor. Because I have one of those. "Ah, Lukey! You're just in time! Supper's almost done an- Who's this?" My mum smiled. "Oh, this is my new friend, Aurora. I met her early and took her to the shop." I lied. "Lovely to meet you, Aurora! That's such a beautiful name. I'm Liz! Luke's mum." Aurora politely shook hands with my mum whilst I stood awkwardly looking at them both. "Well, Aurora and I are going to my room!" I shouted as we approached my door. Aurora chirped in excitement as she saw my cat, the one she pet through my bedroom window earlier in the day. "Your cat is so adorable!" I laughed. "I guess so, he can be a bit on the devilish side." As she pet my cat, I studied her. She's so damn beautiful. I sighed aloud. "What's wrong?" She wondered as she turned to face me. Our faces only inches apart. If I could, I would gently rest my hand on her cheek and kiss her right now. Unfortunately I'm unable to do that, considering I just met her today. I blushed at the thought of kissing her. "Lukee?" She pulled me out of my thoughts. "Oh sorry, yeah. Hey." She turned her head to the side. "I'm going to call you Lukey. Like your mum did. You're my new best friend." She smirked. "Alright, and I'm going to call you... Rory. My Rory. My best friend, Rory." I returned the smile. "You have to pinkie promise me, Lukey, that you will be my best friend, no matter what."

"I pinkie promise." I replied as we interlocked pinkies.