t w o

CHAPTER TWO

A u r o r a

"Honey, go explore the town for a while!" my father instructed as i unpacked white dishes from a moving box. "Dad, i want to help you unpack!" i whined. He shook his head. "Rory, i got it all under control. You can get some groceries for me while you're out!" I huffed and sat on the cold countertop. "Okay." He grinned in satisfaction as he handed me thirty dollars. "All we need as of now is milk, bread and cereal. The money left over is yours." I nodded and hopped off the counter. "Love you!" I shouted as i slipped my backpack on and headed out the front door.

As i made my way down my street i came up to a house with a cat meowing in the window. I approached the cute ball of fur and started petting it through the glass. I turned back around to continue my adventure and was instantly stopped by male's voice.
"Wait!" The voice called. I turned around and saw an attractive boy running out the door. "I see you've taken a liking in my cat." He laughed. "O..Oh, yeah. He's cute."
"I'm Luke." He smiled politely. "My name's Aurora." I nervously returned the smile. "What a beautiful name." He complimented making my cheeks turn light pink in return. "I, uh, better get going, before it gets too dark." I said. he nodded. "Okay, bye?"
"Farewell." With that i slowly turned around and continued my journey. After walking for what seemed to be hours, i finally found a little market. I opened the door and began searching for what my father asked me to get.

I payed for everything and exited the market. I stopped in my tracks and realized i don't remember how to get home. I looked down and kicked a little stone around. "Aurora?" a familiar voice spoke. I looked up to see Luke. "H..Hi." i awkwardly said trying to hide the fact that i was lost. "Are you okay? It's 10:30!" He asked looking worried. "I'm actually not okay. Erm, i don't know how to get home.." He smiled and grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers. "Let's go to my house! We can get you back home from there!"
I smiled feeling heat rising on my cheeks to the sight of our hands.