01: You scared the shit out of me

AUGUST 31ST

Martina's POV

"I swear if I run for 2 more minutes I'll collapse." My dear twin brother, Mario, said while we were running with our teammates around the field. We lost our second game of the season yesterday and coach was pissed. You just wouldn't expect that the team that won the Champions League last year would be shit this year.

Sadly it was our last practice with the team this season because we're going back home to finish our last year of high school. "Oh, come on, brother," I breathlessly said, "don't be a pussy."

A whistle we've all been waiting for was blown and we all circled the coach. Even though we're a Spanish club, coach spoke to us in english since there were always players of different nationalities. "We're done for today. I honestly hope that all of you can finally start playing like the world class players you are." He said and if I wasn't raised by a mother with a thick Spanish accent, I don't think I would be able to understand him. "And, I would like to take this chance to thank Mario and Martina, our numbers 9 and 17, for helping us become the champions last year and," he looked at us, "I wish you two kids good luck this year, especially you, Martina, and we can't wait for you two to come back to us next year. Although, I'll see you two in Monaco in October."

When the practice finished we both took showers, since we were going straight to the airport. School was starting tomorrow and God forbid we missed our first day of school. The one thing I couldn't wait though was seeing my family and friends in person, not just over FaceTime.

Our driver was waiting for us in front of the training facility to take us to the airport. We hired a driver since we realised that it would be easier to leave our cars at our house, the house that Mario and I bought together a year ago when our careers started to take off.

The driver parked the car in front of the right terminal and you could see few reporters standing outside waiting for, probably, us.

I felt a hand squeezing mine and I looked at my brother. "You ready for this? Remember I'm right next to you every step of the way."

I smiled at him and nodded. We got out and took our stuff from the driver, thanked him and started rushing towards the entrance trying to ignore the camera's and people invading our personal space.

"Why leave all of the sudden?"

"Will you be back next year for sure?"

"Martina, are you actually sick?" At that Mario stopped but I pulled him away from the crowd.

Everything became calmer after we entered the airport and the airport security stopped every reporter from coming in.

"Let's go check in and then buy something to eat, I'm hungry." Mario agreed with my fabulous idea and we raced to the check in counter.

As I was eating my burger when Mario's phone buzzed. He put it in front of his face which meant our friends were calling him. I motioned for him to sit next to me so we could both speak to them, which he did and answered the call.

The screen changed and I could our best friends sitting next to each other eating breakfast. "Tini, why aren't you answering your phone?!" My best friend, Brec, yelled and few pieces of food went out of her mouth. "You scared the shit out of me."

"I'm out of battery, sorry." I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes like every time when she's annoyed.

"I told her that, but she wouldn't listen." Adam yelled from beside her and she shoved some bread into his mouth to shut him up.