2012 TMNT

Might as well start off with the series that got me attached to this show. I won't lie, Nickelodeon did Karai so well and her development was so beautifully done. It's just the main problem I had with it was her relationship with Leo. And here's why:

1:The amount of sexual tension between them

Any interaction between those two was just filled with an uncomfortable amount of sexual tension. Like, I get it. She's a kunoichi. And her main weapon is deception. But wtf?????? It always made me feel so weird whenever stuff like that was on.

2:They're literally brother and sister

I'm pretty sure we all knew that Karai was Splinter's daughter. And he also adopted the turtles, which makes them his sons. So when Karai was revealed to be his daughter, that made things even more weird. Like, yeah. He wants her to accept the truth. And I'm glad she did, but when she was kidnapped and they went to rescue her, Leo was still flirting with her. Like bro! Even Mikey said something about Karai being their sister. TWICE!!! Or did we automatically forget that?! Because even after the whole Biological Daughter reveal, the fandom still proceeds to ship the two! Like WTF?!
Not only that, but Nickelodeon still kept pushing the whole thing in our faces!

  Quick side note:If you guys are currently reading the "More of Us" book I'm doing, I made up a really funny scene from season 4 where the turtles and everyone were stranded on that ice planet. It kind of goes along the lines of this:

Raph:Well, maybe we can trust them.

Leo:Trust them?! That's rich coming from you Raph!

Venus:You're one to talk! Didn't you say to me one time that you may or may not 'like Karai'? And isn't she your sister?

Leo:...

Amy:Oooh. She got you good Leo.

3:Shinigami

All I have to say for this one is, Karai and Shinigami are goth girlfriends. They are in no way heterosexual. They're lesbians. They're dating and that's final. Good night.