The Verdecken technique

For as little time that Jade had before she and Sirius were found out by Moartea, and she worked with Sirius to learn this new power. This is the only way she can help save her friend, "I thought I was strong enough by now. All the time I spent with Azvameth - how was that not enough? Azazel needs me right now, and I'm not strong enough. It's so frustrating!" Jade was constantly thinking like that, and Azvameth was always there to tell her this was necessary and not to lose the mental battle within herself.

{...}

"The Verdecken von der Zarronco, or the verdecken technique is special to the people of Kayip Ruhlar Adasd. It is a legend that the people from my realm turn into Zarronco if they die a death of dishonor and living in the afterlife as that monster is their punishment. But usually, if they can overcome that form, then they can turn into a Zarronco at will, not fully ,but they will have the full strength. Yet, of course there are conditions; they can only go a certain amount of time as a Zarronco and if their mask is broken then they go back to their original form." Sirius was explaining to Jade all that there was to the technique, he started to continue yet in a stern voice, "Your dad will kill me if he knew I was teaching you this, it is an extremely dangerous process" Jade didn't care "It doesn't matter! If I have to die for Azazel, then I will, just as long as he doesn't!" Sirius sighed, "Young people these days are just always ready to throw their lives away. During this process when you turn Zarronco, if you don't fight your way out of it or if I see that you can't... I have no choice but to have Yuri exorcise you on the spot and the mission ends. You also won't be able to leave Umbrae. Be prepared for that'' Jade was determined she could do it; she can fight her battles for the sake of other people, or at least she thought she could.

{...}

Jade is in immense pain, but this time, the pain is so much more than when Yuri impaled her with their talavara. In order to become a Zarronco, Jade was impaled by Sirius' dagger in her spiritual body. Not only did she have to endure that, but when she was unconscious she had to fight in her subconscious mind. There was a copy of herself, her insecurities and flaws along with all that she did wrong. Azvameth was nowhere to be found, she called out to him so many times but not once did he come to her aide as he promised. Jade was desperate, but she had to defeat this other self first before she was killed.

"Do you think she will be ok?" Yuri was starting to get concerned, Jade was thrashing around and slowly shifting from full Zarronco to human to half Zarronco spontaneously. Jades screams and cries for help were so painful to hear that the animals nearby went to go hide, flowers were dying all around them. Jade's pain was so audible everything else was mourning with her. "It's the necessary process, if she can't overcome this then she has no future, if she wants to save/protect those important to her" Sirius said sternly, with a hint of worry in his voice. A whole day went by; Jade would start thrashing and screaming in her changing body, then she would stop and be silent almost as if she died. But then shortly after she would start up again.

"I did it! I killed the other me," she said  jumping up and down from the excitement. She almost forgot that this was all in her mental palace. On the outside Jade was somewhat back to normal, but her stature was much larger. She grew a few feet taller and she was much thinner than before yet more toned in muscle. Her talavara was in Shimshaer by default, but her mask. Her facial features were unrecognizable; the whites in her eyes turned black and her eyes went to an emerald green with gold pupils. The rest of her face showed a face filled with sorrow and despair yet also accomplishing a look of happiness and content. The emotions were muddled and were never consistent.

"Am I finally strong enough? Can we go save Azazel now?" As jade said this her mask started to crack, and she started to go back to her normal self. "No Jade you have to train some more or you might die from all the pressure of the mask." Yuri said as Sirius nodded in agreement, they continued "As much as you don't like this, we have to spend a few more days lengthening the time with how long you can use the mask. There's also keeping you mind stable enough as this is an extremely mentally taxing technique." Jade sighed and reluctantly pulled herself together. She knows that Yuri and Sirius are right, there's no way she can possibly save Azazel with this technique if she can barely even use it. Its too unstable, "Ok, well then lets get to it, what do I have to do?" Jade said enthusiastically.

For the next few days Jade worked with Sirius, Yuri, and Azvameth to get stronger and gain some control with the verdecken technique. Their final day of training came. "Ok, how long was that?!" Jade asked Yuri eagerly. "You held the form for 9 minutes while fighting Sirius, but 12 just on your own without doing any taxing physical work. I would say that you have gained a lot more control compared to when you first started out" Yuri said with a smile on their face. "Great! so can we go now? Can we go to the fortress and save Azazel?" Jade was restless and wanted to move on as soon as she could. "Yes, we can get going now. Yuri is going to show us the way, the real challenge will begin when we get in." Sirius said.

They all gathered their belongings, and head off in the direction for the fortress of the Moartea. Now, fully prepared for whatever is thrown in their path. The journey continues...