11~ Nothing like the sweet smell of revenge ~ Tedros

"Tedros...?"

"Tedros...?"

Tedros slipped between consciousness, unaware of the world surrounding him.

"Tedros...? Oh dear boy...you're awake..."

Tedros bolted upright, dried tears had pooled the corners of his eyes, his skin cracked and red.

"AGATHA?! AGATHA?!" He screamed, whipping his head around, looking frantically for his true love to suddenly appear at the door.

His one true love. Agatha. Dead.

"Tedros...listen to me...you've been slipping through consciousness for four whole days, you passed out after..."

Merlin stopped to take a breath looking down at the floor.

"...the kindgdom is in kahoots, Sophie, your friends and I have been helping to lead Camelot but your kingdom needs you."

Tedros lifted his head to look at Merlin: his glasses coated with grime, his beard had crumbs in it and stains had formed on his star embodied cloak.

All Tedros could do was gaze at his mentor with glassy eyes and sink back under the warm, safe covers of the bed.

"Tedros. Please listen. Do you want to end up like your father? After your mother left him for Lancelot? Please Tedros! You have to listen to me! Your kingdom is falling apart: right this second there are citizens crowded around the castle, rioting, demanding to know what has happened, why they haven't been able to see their king! You have to be strong, for your people and for your sons too! You cannot give up on them, that is a promise you made to Agatha just before she passed."

Tedros's eyes snapped open, new tears glazing his eyes.

"A-Agatha..." he whispered, "She's g-gone. Forever."

"Oh Tedros..."

Tedros body shook; he tried to grip the bed for support but it wasn't helping.

New tears snaked from his bloodshot eyes down his pale face.

"I will never, ever, be able to understand what you are going through Tedros. But you have to, you must be strong. I know you cannot do this for yourself now, you are far past that point. Your kingdom needs you. Your sons need you. Your friends need you. Your family needs you."

Merlin rose from the mahogany chair that was placed beside the Kings bed and walked to the door.

Before leaving, all he could do was muster a single word to his student.

"Please."

He turned and left, closing the door softly behind him.

"Agatha..."
"Agatha..."
"Agatha..."

These were the words that had comforted Tedros once when he was worried for his queen.

When Agatha was doubting that she would ever be a good enough mother to their children.

He had reassured her, of course.

Everything would be ok. They were in this together.

But at the end of the day, they weren't really.

Because she had died and there was nothing Tedros could do about it.

All because of her pregnancy. All because of...

All the clouds in Tedros's head were cleared in a instant.

He leapt out of bed and dashed through the corridors.