seven

xiao was freaking out.

he wished it could be about something like his grades or homework or something, but no- it was about his recent discovery of his feelings for you.

and the only thing he could do was call hu tao to an 'emergency meeting' at his house, and he cringed at how how out of character that sounded.

sighing, the brunette who was sitting cross-legged on his bedroom floor looked at him with furrowed, brown eyebrows. "how am i supposed to help you when you won't tell me what the problem is?"

the teal-haired boy immediately stopped his pacing and stood still, bringing a pale hand to pinch the bridge of his nose. he then turned to hu, who was looking at him with annoyance clear on her face.

"look, i-" he paused, shakily sighing. how in the fresh hell is he supposed to tell hu tao that he has romantic feelings for his other best friend? if anything, hu might accidentally tell you. or even worse, she will give him absolute hell for it. "i think, i..." he trailed off, turning around and looking away from hu tao.

"you think you what? are you confessing to me or something? i'm sorry, xiao, but i don't like you in-"

"no!" he cut her off and turned around to face her, scowling. "i would never like you, not you out of all people." xiao's dark eyebrows were furrowed as he spoke, then his expression softened.

hu only stared at him with scarlet irises, watching as he sat on his desk chair and placed his chin on his hand, his elbow propped the desk. "i'm joking, you're kinda ugly." she giggled, then she immediately stopped once she noticed his glare. "okay, fine! what the hell is it?"

there had to be something wrong with xiao, it was quite obvious to hu tao. he was still edgy, yes, but something about his edginess was different.

"okay, look." he immediately went silent, his mind blank. no thoughts, head empty, then he spoke once again. "i like (y/n)."

hu looked perplexed for a second, then she laughed too loudly as if he had cracked the funniest joke she's ever heard. it pissed xiao off, to say the least.

"wh-" he stuttered, turning the desk chair to face her. "what the fuck are you laughing at? i'm not joking!" he yelled, which was quite uncommon for the teal-haired male.

he wanted to kick hu tao in the face as he watched her choke on air, then a few seconds later she finally stopped her cackling and looked at him with a grin. "oh, silly xiao! i know you do, i like (y/n) too! we're all in the same friend group, you know."

it was what hu tao just said that made xiao regret asking her for help.

"are you fucking stupid? i mean i like (y/n) romantically." xiao finally confessed, his hands rushing to his hair to use it to hide his reddening ears.

the grin on hu tao's face disappeared as she seemed to be thinking about something, then she loudly gasped and smacked her hands against her mouth.

xiao thought she was being overdramatic.

"wait- you?!" she shrieked, jumping up to her feet and rushing to the slightly taller boy, her hands gripping his shoulders tightly. "you're telling me that you're capable of having actual feelings? xiao?!"

"what do you take me for?" he spoke, frowning as hu continued to shake the poor male. "and stop fucking- stop it." xiao removed her pale hands from his shoulders, and with the glare he gave the brunette, she decided to stop annoying him for the next few minutes if she wanted to go home in one piece.

with a sigh, the dark-haired male took a few steps back and leaned against his wall, dramatically sliding down and tangling his slim fingers in his hair.