Fifth chapter

Jungkook was now at his home, sitting by his table in his room and looking at a wall. He was confused but also angry.

"Why was he like this?" He spoke to nobody.

"Hey, are you okay?" His mom asked, standing in the frame of the door.

"Hmm." Jungkook hummed.

"Tell me, Kook." She spoke, sitting on his bed, turning his chair to face her son.

"You wouldn't understand." He shook his head.

"Oh, you all think parents can't understand, boy, I was a teenager too." She took his hand in hers.

"But it's bad." He whispered.

"I won't judge you."

"Promise?"

"Promise." She nodded and leaned closer to him.

"Okay." He nodded. 

"So I have beaten up a boy. Someone found him and carried him to the nursery because the boy couldn't stand up..." Jungkook was fiddling with the hem of his shirt. 

"The principal called me in his office and gave me a detention and told me to go to the boy's home after the detention. I did, two days ago. I found him when he was sleeping, he had some nightmare and he cried, so I woke him and we talked to each other."

"Yesterday, the principal told me to go to his house and be with him til he's good, so I went to his home, we argued a little, but it wasn't really a fight, just raising voices and when I accidentally yelled, he started shaking and got panic attack... Just because of me." Jungkook sighed, disappointed with himself.

"I calmed him down and I carried him to his room, because he was tired, but he didn't want to sleep. I asked him why and he told me he has somniphobia. He said it's because the nightmares he has. So I stayed with him, he fell asleep and I did too. After a few hours I woke up, he had another nightmare, saying something. I woke him again, he was crying and I asked him what happened and he said his father hit him in the nightmare. He has an abusive father and his mother doesn't care. He now lives alone, still don't know why. But he has such a horrible life and he doesn't deserve it and I was an asshole to him and hurted him a lot of times." Jungkook explained to his mother.

"That's a lot of information to me. But is it the reason why are you sad?" She told him.

"I was with him today and we were talking and he all of a sudden was angry and we fought and he kicked me out, said I don't care." He told.

"And do you?"

"What?" Jungkook asked.

"Do you care? About him?"

"Well, yeah... Now." He nodded slightly.

"So show him."

"But I don't know how."

"Go to his home, tell him you do care and stay with him, your principal said you have to take care of him so do it. Even if he will want to be alone, don't leave him."

"Really?"

"Yeah." She ruffled his hair and stood up.

"Be nice to him."

"I will," he whispered.

****

"Taehyung, open the door!" Jungkook knocked on the door for the third time.

"Please! I want to talk!" He tried. Still nothing.

"Tae, come on!"

He heard a quiet click, the door opened. He got in and saw Taehyung on the stairs going up to his room.